Day 13 - Time to Move Out!

I knew when we were moving in with my mom that there would be challenges. But I didn't anticipate it to be THIS difficult. It could be a mixture of me forgetting what my mom is truly like and hormones combined. It's gotten bad enough that even Bryan is losing his patience. (And if you know Bryan, you know it takes a lot to make him mad)

Even though it's been 25 years since my mom last had a baby, and even though when asked, she doesn't actually remember what it was like to raise a baby (it's maybe because she had full time help with a nanny), her advice never cease. She wonders why the baby is crying all the time (mom: why is she crying so much? us: because babies cry mom, that's what they do. mom: I don't think that's normal. You guys are doing something wrong.). She doesn't seem concerned that the baby is under weight, but seems to be concerned that she's naked for 10 seconds (mom: why does she have to be naked? us: because we're changing her mom, how else would we do it? mom: well, at least cover her up while you're doing it! I can't watch! us: we can't change her and cover her up at the same time. It's 10 seconds, she'll be fine. mom: we never did it that way when we were raising kids!). The best was when Mackenzie was crying the other day and my mom came to me and said, "she only ever cries when she's with you." Thanks mom, thank you.

So I get it, I get that she's telling us all these things because she CARES about Mackenzie. At the same time, it's not doing any of us any good when she's constantly second guessing us. I think she seemed to have forgotten that Bryan also has raised 2 kids, so at least one of us know what we're doing. All in all, it's been a bit chaotic when she's around. But I think she's getting a sense that she's been in the way, so she's backed off a tiny little bit the last couple days.

Having said that - we're still moving. We're on track with our 3-month plan. Wish us luck!

On another note, I managed to lose 17 lbs in 12 days postpartum. I was back into my pre-preggo clothes within a week. I knew breastfeeding helps with losing weight, but I didn't think it was magic like this! Somehow I've managed to weigh less than my pre-preggo weight. I don't know if this also means I need to eat more. Because the munchkin has managed to lose 2 oz in a week! (sigh) Seriously, the joy of Motherhood. Our doctor's appt is not until next week. I might utilize the nurse line later tonight to make sure this is normal.

Mackenzie is semi-sleeping through the night. We're lucky, but at the same time, it's probably the reason why she's been losing weight because she isn't eating enough. She slept for 5 hours last night which was such a blessing, but then I woke up feeling terrible because I felt like I starved her! (I'm sure if she was hungry, she would've let me know, but hormones have no logic) On the other hand, putting her to sleep has been a nightmare. Sometimes she'll alternate between crying and being awake until her next feed (so about 2 hours). Sometimes she'll wail like it's the end of the world. My job is just to be present with her every second I'm with her. I realize that she'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow, and already, I can see how much she's grown (maybe not weight-wise, but she definitely looks different!).

Did I mention that my mom is going to Hong Kong next week for 2.5 weeks? That's 2.5 weeks of peace and quiet. Will see how we fair without her cooking though.

Day 13 - I feel like it's been forever! (in a good way)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!