Week 36 - Almost Cooked!

Or as my friend Tara would put it - almost marinated. Baby can come anytime now, but could use 4 more weeks of baking (or at least I could use it).

The sleepless nights have begun. I'm feeling more and more uncomfortable as I walk, sleep, and eat. I can only walk so much before I'm out of breath. It takes me a minimum of an hour to fall asleep. And well, I'm feeling pretty nauseous these days, so food is to a minimum. All this is preparing me for when the baby comes, I can't wait! (note sarcasm)

Had my baby shower this past weekend and it was great! The ladies in charge did a great job decorating and a lot of people made it out, which was awesome. We bought our first baby item this week - a playpen from Babies R' Us (it was 40% off, I couldn't resist!). Next up on the list is a stroller. STILL trying to figure that out. On top of that, I'm now on the hunt for cloth diapers. Do we just buy the package deal now, or buy a few to try it out to see if we even like it? What can I say? We're not planners.

2 more weeks until the move. I'm not really sure what I was thinking when I decided to quit the day of our move. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to work and get everything ready at the same time. But all has worked out so far, so I suppose we will see?

On the good news front - Bryan's employer has been absolutely amazing. They have agreed to keep him on as an employee, working whatever hours he want (20 hours minimum a week) from Vancouver. They will provide him with a laptop (even though he already has one), probably fly him back and forth at least once a month, and keep benefits! (This will come in handy when the baby comes!) All in all - it's the EXACT flexibility we needed to move to Vancouver. With the baby and business, I don't think we could've asked for anything better.

Argh, I'm tired, I'm starving, but not hungry all at the same time. Is this what it'll be like for the last 4 weeks?

Wait, is this what it'll be like for the rest of my life?!?!?! (don't answer that)

Comments

  1. HAPPY NAPPY!! It's a diaper service and they're GREAT. We used the service for three months (until I was back on my feet) before switching over to doing cloth on my own - I bought both prefolds/covers (12 prefolds & 4 covers) and pockets (12), and a couple AIOs. The AIOs are ADORABLE, but not nearly as easy to keep as the pockets & prefolds...

    Carol (http://ifbyyes.wordpress.com/) uses Happy Nappy (prefolds & covers) in Van & is a fan from what I understand... It was GREAT not having to worry about the work & investment for the first couple months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why doesn't it surprise me that you use cloth diapers?!?! I will look into those ones. The ones I'm thinking of right now are these:
    http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=1899

    I really don't know any different - the only thing I want is ease.

    I'm pretty sure we might have to use diaper service - because umm...we're not the most organized (I'm sure this is shocking to everyone). So much to think about still - how to people do this??!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. Those are pretty-much prefolds with snaps. I'm sure they'll be fine. =) The thing with "one size" diapers is that babies (especially in the first few months) are just too small for "one size". We used newborn wraps (Bummies & Imse Vimse) along with the Happy Nappy diapers for the first while, then went to a bigger size at about 3 months (which is also when our pocket one-size diapers started to ALMOST fit. =) We also had some "one size" AIOs - which got too small at about the 13mo stage. And really? Prefolds are actually the easiest once you figure out how to use them - although they weren't good enough at night once she started eating solids. (We HAVE these exact diapers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MebxWvNxGD4) Pockets are quite easy, too - We didn't even stuff them half the time & just placed them in the cover - kinda like the diapers that you're getting.

    (Also? This: http://flic.kr/p/89VGTi)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...