Week 11 - Mack's Firsts

After 2 weeks in Edmonton, I must admit I was so glad to come home. Mostly because of the mosquitos! We were rarely outside because I was afraid we might be eaten alive! I thought for sure this time coming back I would miss Edmonton a bit, but nope! It was clear as day that it was no longer home. Which was a huge surprise to me since it was home to me for 8 years. I guess baby really does change everything!

Mackenzie had her first plane ride and her first shot this week. I anticipated a lot of stress. Let's see how she measured up, shall we?

I thought Mackenzie would be a fussy pot on the plane, turned out, I was the one who was going out of wack. I had no idea what to expect, so needless to say, I was completely unprepared. Even with going to the airport an hour and 10 minutes ahead of time, I was running to the gate with 10 minutes to spare! (They were calling my name as we got there)

Mackenzie fussed all of 2 minutes throughout the hour and a half on the plane. And she didn't even cry during take off or landing. She cried because she was strapped to her carseat before the plane even moved. All in all, she was amazing. I realize that at 2 months, this is probably the best time to fly since she's so portable. But still, I was thoroughly surprised. I can only hope she'll be this good every time she flies. I highly doubt it, but one can hope right?

Then we had our first shot today. I couldn't quite make up my mind about whether or not to go ahead with vaccinations or not. So finally decided on a compromise: we'll spread out the shots instead of getting them all at once. I know there's a ton of controversy with this, so hopefully this is what's best for us! At 2 months, she's supposed to get 3 shots at once. We decided to just get 1 today and get the other 2 in a month. Mackenzie cried for about 2 minutes (again). They say she might be fussy for about 48 hours. So far, so good. Of course, it's only been 5 hours. 43 more hours to go - I will come back and report. Wish us luck!

I still go to the April mommies forum sometimes online, and right now, our babies are at prime time for SIDS. In fact, on of our April mommies lost their little one earlier this month. So yes, I hold on to Mackenzie a little tighter some days, and I also check to make sure she's still breathing in the middle of the night. This is the life of a parent now, no? It's been 11 weeks and there hasn't been a day that've gone by where I haven't worried about something, no matter how minor it may be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!