Week 34 - Things Are Moving Along!

With only 6 more weeks until the baby and 4 more weeks until the move, I could feel the final push on getting things going.

After knowing I had to put in my resignation at work, I sat on it for 3 more days before I had the guts to do it. In fact, if I didn't hear a little voice inside me that said, "until you send that letter, nothing is going to move forward with your life.", I probably would still be sitting on it. Part of me felt so guilty for wasting my employer's time for the last 9 months (they put in time and money to train me to work from home), and part of me was just so scared of moving forward. So I wrote up the letter and sat in front of the computer. Then I heard my friend Tim's quote, "you're either pregnant or you're not. You can never be just kinda pregnant." Of course, he was saying this metaphorically about life, and he was so right. And it is really interesting that I'm actually pregnant. So after 10 minutes of staring at the computer, I hit send.

Wouldn't you know it, this is what happened within 3 days:

1.) I planned a bridal shower for Amanda and wasn't exactly organized. In fact, up until the day of, I really didn't know what to expect. It went way awesome. We decorated cupcakes at Whimsical Cupcakes with 13 other wonderful girls and we did a teacup exchanged and had yummy red velvet cake. One of the best parties I have ever planned. (I'm not sure if putting in my letter of resignation had anything to do with how well it went, but I'm going to go with it.)

2.) We put out an ad for to rent out our house on Monday, and within one hour, we had 5 viewings booked. Within 3 days, we found our tenants.

3.) Bryan got offered his dream job as an insurance instructor. It's part time and flexible. It would allow him to work on our business and stay at home to be with the baby and such.

4.) We are hiring movers afterall instead of renting a UHaul because it's about the same price. And hiring movers is way easier, no need to bother any of our friends for their muscles! And we managed to somehow find the money for it.

5.) Found a doctor in Vancouver (finally!) who's taking new patients. All I need to do now is talk to my doctor and have him refer me. I will do that at my next appointment :) And it's a female doctor and she has awesome ratings. I've been very lucky in my pregnancy so far - my doctor here in Edmonton is awesome too!

So yeah, things are finally moving along. Oh, and my employer took it graciously (although I'm sure they weren't happy, but what can I do?). Sometimes, taking leaps are scary, but worth it. Otherwise, your life can just stall and be at a stand still (which was exactly what happened to us).

My mom said something funny last week, but I have completely forgotten what it was. (sigh)

And so continues my boring blog. I was reading back some posts and realized I freaked out way more often during the first half of my pregnancy. Now that I have so much on my plate and should be freaking out, I'm totally laid back and taking things as they come.

Oh, one thing (and if you're a boy or someone who doesn't want to get too personal, you should stop reading now) - I started leaking this past week. It's gross and I don't like it. But apparently it's all part of the joy of pregnancy. So gross. Anything else I should know about the rest of my pregnancy besides labor?

Alrighty - 6 more weeks to go! We should get a baby pool going! I'm saying the baby will be late, what do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!