Week 27-29 - More Firsts :)

I've gotten lazy, as you can see. I'm barely updating these days, yet so much has happened! I really need to make it into a habit to start writing more often. I don't want to forget these moments, but they're happening so fast, it's hard to remember them all!

Well, first off - Halloween!


In hopes of getting the most out of the costume (because most just wear it for like a hour or two), we ended up wearing it 5 different times. That's right, five! We even went trick-or-treating (ok, it was only 4 houses afterall, but it was still fun!). Mack had a blast, and we still have candies left over here at our house.

Then Bryan went away for a week for business. It's not normally all that bad, but this time around, Mackenzie decided to get sick and get her first teeth at the same time! (I think they were related) She was super stuffed up (hence, no sleep), and she was super cranky because she was cutting in the bottom two teeth. Oh, the joy! I wasn't really into over the counter drugs before Mackenzie, but I definitely resorted to that at the end. After using all homeopathic remedies known to man, it was kinda cruel to let her suffer. So we ended up doing tylenol for a few nights. Looks like no harm done, she's as happy as she can be :)

So this baby-led weaning method is, well, one of our best decisions ever! There's nothing Mack wouldn't eat, and it saves me a lot of time and effort trying to puree everything for her. So now she eats everything we eat. It's been pretty awesome. She even had her first piece of multigrain bread and yup, she pooped out grains for like 3 days. I'm hoping she will be a good eater, because I don't know what I'd do with a picky eater! Bryan wasn't on board with this idea at first because he was afraid she'd choke, but Mack is doing great. Not a lot is going in so far, but I'm just happy she's learning new textures!

Daylight savings came and went. I panicked the day before because I realized it meant her waking up an hour earlier everyday. So we just did some minor adjustments to her bedtime the night before, and voila - she was perfect!

Mackenzie's weight gain has slowed down to about a pound a month (or less), but she did grow 3 inches in a month. She's also decided that she's ready to crawl. So she's on her all fours quite often but just hasn't figured out how to move one leg forward yet. I figured she'll be crawling in the next couple of weeks or so. (God help us)

Mack has always giggled and smiled, but lately, we've noticed that she started laughing. But she doesn't know how to bellow a laugh yet, so she's sucking in air while she's laughing and it's quite funny.


Ok, as promised - confession time (and judge all you want, it's done, so it's too late!):

1.) I've bonked Mackenzie's head more times than I can count. It happens.

2.) I don't wash her soother or toys when they drop on the floor. If I do, that is what I would be doing all day. My justification is that she'll be licking the floor soon enough, so why bother?

3.) I breasfed her in the car for a week when we were in Utah. I was in a van where we had long drives and couldn't stop just for me to breasfeed Mackenzie (and she refused the bottle). So yes, I took my baby out of her carseat and fed her.

4.) When  Bryan was away the first couple times, I didn't bathe Mackenzie for like 4 days. I would wipe her down and stuff, but just couldn't muster enough energy to give her a bath.

5.) I let strangers hold her all the time. Like the first time we went to Edmonton, I went to an Indian restaurant with Amanda. The 2 waitresses fell in love with Mackenzie right away and took her for 2 hours while Amanda and I ate and socialized. There was also this time Bryan and I went to IHOP and the waitress ran over after she was all done with her tables and walked away with Mackenzie. I'm not sure how to teach my child "stranger danger" when the time comes because apparently I don't exercise caution.

6.) She started biting me when we're breasfeeding. So Bryan told me to flick her in the face and say no. So yes, I flick her. But apparently she only cries when Bryan flicks her. When it's me, there's no affect at all. So note to self - beating does not work on Mackenzie.

There are many many more things I wasn't supposed to do but I did it anyway with Mackenzie. That's all I can think of for now! Til next week! (hopefully!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!