I Made It!

It's been so long I will have to break this up into 2 posts. I'm now almost 19 weeks preggo (gosh, almost half way!) and I'm officially a yoga instructor. It's crazy and umm...crazy!

Where to start?

The 5 weeks that I was in Edmonton was not nearly as torturous as I thought it'd be. I was so busy with school, homework, yoga classes and socializing that I really didn't have much time to miss a lot. And it helped with phoning and skyping every day with Bryan and the munchkin. It really wasn't until the last week that I was anxious to see them.

So, the reunion:

For a week before the course ended, I told Bryan that I would just take a flight home on the Friday night to avoid the 12-hour plus drive to Edmonton with a one-year old. But he insisted. He insisted it would be "fun". And so, with much anticipation, on Thursday night, I waited and waited and waited. And finally, the arrived! (after a very very long drive)

I got up to the car, Mack took one look at me with so much curiosity ("who is this woman who is weeping in front of me?") while being unbuckled from her very very dirty car seat (a brand new car seat that got used very very fast). I took her, hugged her, and almost couldn't pry myself off her. Not because I didn't wait to, but because she was sticky. Sticky from the top of her head to her toes.

For those who know me, there are 2 things I can't stand: sweat and stickiness.

My child had rubbed fruit gummies all over her body (literally rubbed all over). She smelled like the gummies and she even had coloring rubbed off on her skin.

This was my worst nightmare.

I wanted to throw her in the shower but we were short on time. So I wiped her off. No, I scrubbed her.

One thing I noticed after 5 weeks is how much Mackenzie is comprehending these days. How much she understands what we say to her and how quickly she imitates.

Did she miss me? Probably not. I don't even think she's noticed. But man, I've definitely been giving her some extra cuddles lately.

And me and Bryan? Well, I can't say we were perfect by any means. It's taken us a week to get back to "normal". There was a lot of bickering and silent treatments (oh, who am I kidding? All on my part). That's what happens - trying to get back into the groove of things. On the way back, we stopped at the lake in Banff and in Kelowna. We stopped at Cultus, only to be rained out. Bryan and I have been able to go for a date night at the movies and also watch the meteor shower. Yup, not bad for a week :)

As for my yoga, I have a once a week gig lined up at a gym in Richmond and two interviews coming up. So I'll keep you updated :) I'm excited to get started.

Had a doctor's appointment last week right when I got back. Baby heart beat was great (155), and my blood pressure is great (low, but apparently normal for 2nd trimester) and I gained 5 lbs. 21 more weeks to go!

Another post coming up to thank all the people I want to thank. Stay tuned :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!