Week 29 - Slacking Off

It's been 10 weeks since my last post. I wish I hadn't slacked off, because I'm bound to miss a lot in between, but better late than never, right?

Where to start? Where to start?

We had beautiful weather here in Vancouver right from when I got back from Edmonton to Thanksgiving. This is unheard of. We spent every single day outdoors at the park. It was awesome.

Since the park is only a 2 minute walk from our place, we wouldn't normally take the stroller. But a 2 minute walk turns into a 20 minute walk when you have a toddler around. She stops to look at...everything. Every crack on the side walk, smell every bush, touch every tree. At first I would get really impatient and try to hurry her along. But then after awhile I realized that this was such a blessing. We have the most curious kid ever who is just so present in everything that she's enjoying every moment. I learned to be patient, slowed down, and let Mack explore as long as she liked to.

Mackenzie signed a lot more during the summer. In addition to "please", "thank you", "more" and "all done", she started consistently signing "I love you" and "I'm sorry". She learned her body parts pretty fast (she knew only her nose for a very long time). Now it's the full blown nose, eyes, mouth, teeth, ears, head, belly button, boobies, and toes. We're working on a few others, but we'll get there.

She's learning all her animals and animal sounds. She only knew dog and cat for a long time. Then boom, one day, she just knew all the rest.

That's what I've noticed lately, it's that you'd teach and teach and teach, and wonder if she'll ever catch on, and then one day, she'll take it up as if she's known it all along.

Like feeding herself. I've only been brave enough to let her feed herself yogurt because that's the easiest with a spoon and least messy out of everything. But this past week, she decided she wanted to be independent and she wouldn't let any of us feed her. The results? I swear she might've gained 5 pounds this week, she's eaten so much with her new found freedom.

Some things she'd pick up right away though. There really is no rhyme or reason for anything. Like I taught her "slow down" by running my hand down her face. And after the first time, she knew exactly what slowed down meant and when I tell her to slow down, she'd run her hand down her own face slowly and calm down.

Or using a soft voice. I have no idea how she learned what soft meant, but when I said that, she went "shhhhhh" right away and knew to use her quiet voice.

What else can I update on? I am already forgetting! This is why I decided to blog so I wouldn't forget. Grrrrr!

She knows there's a baby in my belly. She knows when babies cry, she's supposed to hold them and go "shhh shhh shhh". I don't know if she actually knows a baby sister or brother is coming though. Is she ever in for a surprise.

She also spoke her first clear sentence the other day. She knows a lot of single words and once in awhile will string two words together. The other day, yelling on top of her lungs, she said, "Po Po (grandma in Chinese), where arrrrrre youuuuuuuu?"

Just like that, they grow up so fast.

She's still bald though.

She finally surpassed 20 lbs end of September (yay!). She was at 19 lbs for 3 months! She's front facing now and loving the world.

Ok, I think that's it. I think that's all I need to update you on. My baby will be 18 months in 2 days. Nothing makes you feel older than being a mom :)

On the pregnancy note - I gained 10 lbs in 2 months. Then slowed down to 1 lb the next month. I have my next appointment in 2 days. This baby moved 24 hours a day until last week. Then suddenly the baby stopped and maybe moved like an hour a day. Then the last couple days it became super active again. I'm having horrible sleeps and I am generally still exhausted during the day. I feel like a whale even though I know I'm not.

I'm teaching yoga twice a week at a Richmond gym and teaching at a yoga studio regularly (about 5 times a week) in Cloverdale/Langley. It's been pretty sweet and I really got into the role quickly. Although I'm finally feeling uncomfortable doing the poses with my students. So it's a lot more directions on my part. I figured I can teach for another 4-6 weeks and then I'll be done.

Bryan was laid off mid September. He's working on his coaching business and started this part time gig for the next month. He also just got diagnosed with Type II diabetes which forced him to take some drastic actions. No insulin, just meds right now. And although I was pretty upset in the beginning, I must admit, it has been a blessing in disguise afterall. Bryan took up delivering the paper every day (mind you, it's at 2:30 in the gosh darn morning) which forces him to get up and exercise AND he gets paid for it. Can't complain!

One of my mommy friends had her baby at 33 weeks! (So really, who am I to complain - baby in til the end is a good thing) Her daughter was 4 lbs 14 oz - bigger than her brother was. In the hospital growing now until she's big enough to go home.

This is the longest pregnancy ever. 11 more weeks to go! I'm nesting already. I started organizing things like crazy. Last time I didn't nest until 2 days before Mack was born. This should be interesting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!