2012 Reflection

I realize this post is a bit late as we're already 5 days into the New Year. Better late than never I say! Here are the top 10 moments of 2012 :)

10.) Mackenzie walking - one of the most memorable moments of 2012. Mostly because she took her first steps AND we were able to capture it on video! Of course, our lives were never the same after this girl became mobile, but overall, it's been worth it!

9.) Mackenzie's first birthday - I can't even believe we survived our first year! Her party was a success and I also found out ON her actual birthday that she's going to be a big sister. Turning one was a huge moment, but more importantly, she just became a super sponge afterwards. The fun times really began after that :) Mackenzie - you continue to teach me so many lessons and I love you so much. Thank you for making the 2012 fairly easy (you're in the testing phase right now, so you're averaging about 3 time outs a day!). And thank you for transitioning into each phase with ease. You've shown me just what being flexible and going with the flow means. I love you! (One day, you'll actually utter the words instead of just signing, and I can't wait!)

8.) Bryan's diabetes - what? Bryan getting diagnosed with diabetes made it to top 10? Yup! Turned out to be such a huge blessing in disguise. Bryan ended up taking a daily paper route to help with exercise and in 2 months lost over 15 lbs! Another 30 lbs to go and he can be off medication COMPLETELY! I am absolutely amazed at the progress he's made and so proud of my husband for finally taking charge of his health for the sake of himself and those he loves.

7.) Mommies Group - It's been almost 2 years since we were all in the same group at the North Delta Health Center where we were all terrified of being new moms. 2 years later we're still doing once a month parents night out and try to do one playdate a month. I know how incredibly lucky we are to have a group that are so supportive of each other. I love all of the parents and babies (toddlers now!) and look forward to many many more years of growing up together! Now that some second babies are arriving, it's so reassuring to know I have a group I can go to for support. Thank you mommies and daddies! I love you!

6.) Daycare - why we didn't put Mack into daycare sooner is a mystery to me. But daycare has saved us! I love how Mack is learning so much when she's there and I love how we get so much done during the day when she's there. Mack is loving every moment of it and the other day, she said "happy!" and I asked her if she was happy at daycare that day and she said "yeah!". These are moments that I realize we made good choices. Our daycare provider Crystal is amazing and made the transition so easy. Not to mention her kids are just so great! Thank you for giving us a piece of sanity and I know this will be even more appreciated when Baby Dime comes!

5.) Baby Dime - I knew when we had Mackenzie that baby #2 would be on its way soon after. I wanted the siblings to be 18 months apart. These guys will be 20.5 months apart and I'm happy. The journey hasn't been the easiest physically (being pregnant with a toddler was/is crazy!), but I can't wait to meet this little one. The best part is that we didn't find out this time whether it's a girl or a boy, it's a super bright future I'm looking forward to finding out in the next week or so! (Fingers crossed)

4.) Yoga Teacher Training - When I entered the contest to win the yoga teacher training tuition at Wellness Within in Edmonton, I never thought for one moment I would actually win. When I did, I panicked. Bryan didn't hesitate for one second about me going. He took charge, made decisions on the spot and I was well on my way for a 5-week intensive. It was one of the most amazing experience I've ever had. I'm grateful for the opportunity and it's been amazing to teach the last few months! If you told me 10 years ago I would be a yoga teacher, I would've laughed! Here I am and I love it! Thank you Carolyn for giving me what I need at the exact moment I need it (isn't that always how it goes?) and I'm grateful for the friends I made there. They are amazing people and I can't wait to get together with them again soon!

3.) New Business - When we left Higher Laws in 2012, it was one of the scariest decisions of our lives. But as we've learned from Higher Laws (ironically!), moments of decisions ALWAYS take us to new heights. Did it happen immediately? Nope. We struggled for a few months with a few things, including Bryan getting laid off (another blessing in disguise), and it finally pushed us to create the 91-day challenge. We've heard countless stories in the past month about struggling relationships and it reaffirmed exactly why we're doing our relationship makeover program. We're so so so excited for the beta test (it started today!) and can't wait to serve as many people as we can! Not to mention the workbook is well on its way to being written and Bryan and I will be authors before you know it! I can't believe we'll have our own book in 2013!

2.) Mama Chan - I told Bryan yesterday that we'll be videotaping Mama Chan coming home every night and Mack's reaction when she walks in the door. And we'll also be taping our bedtime routine and how excited Mack gets when Mama Chan comes up the stairs to say good night. Listen, are there moments I want to strangle my mom? Oh sure. When you live in the same house in a small space with someone, aren't you bound to have times when you're annoyed? But the moments that fill my heart far outweighs the moments where I might get irritated. Mama Chan is one of the most amazing mom/grandma in the world. I know we're SO LUCKY to have a support system with my mom (and Kelly of course!). She's there every day, playing with Mack, cooking dinner, cleaning the house - best.mom.ever. The bond she has with Mack? Priceless. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! And this is why our dream is to find 2 houses (3 ideally with Kelly!) side by side so we can just take the backyard fences down and live in the biggest backyard ever with the kids! Oh I can't wait! Thank you Mama Chan!

1.) Bryan - Without a doubt, Bryan is on top! I have not been the best wife in 2012 (I blame it on hormones, but I think mostly I've just not been that great), but Bryan's patience and understanding has been unbelievable. It still amazes me that she took care of Mack on his own for 5 weeks while I was off in Edmonton. All while working from home without a single complaint. He tirelessly got up at 2:30 in the morning every single day for 3 months to deliver the papers (it's done now, thank goodness!) taking care of his health and working on the business. He found ways to serve others that warms my heart. My wish for 2013 is to show my appreciation to Bryan more. I am so lucky to have a husband who supports me in EVERYTHING that I do. He serves others without any expectations in return. His heart is just so big! Thank you Bryan for being an amazing husband, dad, son-in-law, brother-in-law, friend, etc that anyone could ask for.

Here's to 2013! We have so much to look forward to already (new baby, new business). We're excited to see what's ahead and hope to continue to update on this blog (even though it's been ages since I wrote!).

Happy New Year everyone! 8 more days til Baby Dime greets the world :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!