6 Weeks Later

It's funny how when I was pregnant, I thought time went by so slowly. As soon as Bryanna was born, I blinked and it's already been 6 weeks. It's the weirdest thing.

Well, it's been 6 weeks and we're still alive and awake! Let's recap, shall we?

Bryanna is a completely different baby than Mackenzie. They told me each baby was different, but I don't think I really anticipated how different they would be.

First of all, Bryanna feeds amazingly. She eats for about 10 minutes at a time every 3 hours (4 to 4.5 hours at night). Mackenzie was a slow feeder and I would have to wake her up to feed every 3 hours (if I didn't, she could go 5 hours without a feed!). Bryanna is gaining weight like a normal baby. She is already past 9 lbs at 6 weeks! I swear she will be wearing the same size clothes as Mack soon! (Ok, I'm exaggerating, but you know what I mean)

Mack has been amazing with Bree. Every morning, she asks for Bree and gives her at least 5 kisses and hugs before she has breakfast. She's super gentle with her and loves her to bits.

On the other hand, Mack has been acting out so much more. I knew we would double the time outs, but I don't know if I was prepared for it! She's whined a lot more (like a lot), crying more, and just in general mishaving more than she was before. It's a mixture of the new sibling and the terrible twos. There are days I just want to hang out in the time out corner myself!

When Bree was 10 days old, Bryan suddenly woke up with a migraine. He hadn't had a migraine in 5 years, so it totally came out of left field. The last one lasted for 16 days, so we anticipated this one to be about the same or shorter. The good news was that he was able to manage it using alternative healing (EFT, essential oils, etc) for about 3 weeks before finally resorting to the hospital (last time we were at the hospital 3 times and the doctor's twice). Bad news was that this one lasted 32 days! (It just ended 2 days ago) Which means that it lasted for most of Bryanna's life. Also somewhere in between, Bryan twisted his ankle while doing his paper routes which put him out for a week! Even though his migraines were so severe, Bryan never stopped being an amazing dad/husband. He would still wake up and take care of Mack every morning, feed her breakfast, get her ready for daycare, doing his paper routes, take care of Bree when I need a break...the list goes on. How does he do it? I have no idea! I'm just thankful now that the migraines are over and his ankle is healed!

With all the craziness going on, is it weird to say that it hasn't been as tough as I anticipated it to be? I think it's because I worked it up for 9 months that having 2 was going to be so difficult that when I finally got here, it was so much better than the movie I had in my mind (Thank goodness).

Don't get me wrong, I have bad days (well, more like bad periods during the day). But on the most part, it's been awesome. I don't know if it's because this is our second, or because I didn't use any drugs during birth (well, I didn't have a choice!), but I had no baby blues at all! I healed quicker and I had so much energy as soon as Bryanna was born that I was able to help Bryan with his papers on the 3rd day!

I didn't realize how much I didn't bond with Mack when she was first born until Bree was born. With Bree, I felt like a mom right away, and I looked at her and thought she was absolutely adorable right away. It did make me a bit sad that on the 5th day, I went into Mack's room while she was asleep and started crying by her bed wondering if I loved her enough in the beginning. Ok, so maybe I had 2 hours of baby blues or something.

Bree is a pretty good sleeper. She wakes 1-2 times a night (a night as in when I sleep), so I can't complain. She somehow skipped mixing up her days and nights (Mack did too though I suppose), which I know we totally lucked out on. The stretches are definitely getting longer at night. Overall, we have a normal baby on our hands! She is super alert (since she was a week and a half), and super strong (she just wants to see everything).

Of course, I think it's easy now because Bree isn't mobile yet. We'll revisit just how awesome things are once she's a toddler and testing her boundaries.

Ok, update on Mack:

She stopped signing a couple of months ago when she started to talk more. The only thing she still signed was "I love you" and "Sorry". She started saying I love you a few weeks ago (FINALLY!) and she started saying sorry about a week ago. Ever since Bree was born, Mack's vocabulary increased ten folds. Her favorite word is "no" (God help us!). She uses phrases like "I do it", "I got it", "I did it", "I want it" (with gusto), "help", and many many more. She's picking up things super fast and although she doesn't know all the numbers, her favorite numbers are two and eight. She knows words from twinkle twinkle little star and a few other songs. And she started reading Good Night Moon with us tonight.

Gosh, this kid is growing SO.FAST.

It's hard to believe she's been walking for a whole year. It's hard to believe she's going to be 2 in 2 months.

I wish there was a pause button.

That's all my brain can remember right now. Sorry for the long post. This is more for me than for anyone else anyway. I like reading back to these posts and remember what it was like. It's nice to have a record.

Til next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!