Happy Fantastic Four!

Dear Bryanna,

I kissed you good night letting you know this would be our last 3-year old kiss. My heart sank a little. I asked you if maybe tomorrow you could still be 3. You said to me, "Oh no, I really can't".



Some things have changed. Like you went from 2T to 3T and now 4T, all within the past year. You went from size 7 shoes to size 9. You went from 25 lbs to 29 lbs. Yes, physically, you have definitely grown.

Some things remain the same. You greet everyone at the door with the biggest smile and most enthusiasm I have ever seen. Your laugh is still as infectious as ever. And you hug, as if every hug would be the last. Your stutter came and went throughout the year. It'd be more prominent when you went through a developmental leap, and less once you mastered something. You have learned this year to say "I don't like you...right now" and asking for space. You are fearless most days, and some days you are afraid of the dark and being alone.



You love your sister and your brother so darn much. If Mackenzie was out of sight, you panic slightly. When Alastair cries because he's in trouble, you run to comfort him. You can play with dolls and princesses one minute and turn around and wrestle with your brother the next. You have a natural flair with gymnastics and fair well in the music department.



This year, you started preschool. It was bumpy at first where you were hesitant to go. Now you love your teachers and come home with a lot more knowledge than I expect out of a 3-year old. You recently mastered writing the letter B, and you can draw pretty good stick figures. When your dad told you that you were awesome the other day, your response was, "I know I am awesome!"



And that's what I love about you. You have this unapologetic confidence that I am not sure where it came from. Not an arrogant kind of confidence, but the kind where you know in your heart that you are worthy, that you are enough. I hope you will carry this for the rest of your life, and teach those around you that loving yourself is not as hard of a task as we make it up to be.



Bryanna, you are the most passionate little human being I know. Every day you wake up with a bounce, and every night you wonder if the day could stretch just a little bit longer. Oh me too, baby girl. Some days, I wish the days would stretch out a little longer too. So that I could savor these moments a little bit more, moments where I know you won't be a baby forever. In the mean time, I will cherish this next year with you being a 4-year old. Where hopefully, you will still ask for one more hug and kiss every night. Where you will continually teach me patience, kindness, and unconditional love.



I love you Bree. Happy Birthday. Thank you for always teaching me to find beauty in the chaos.



love, mom


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!