New Blog, New Year, New Routine

As Amanda pointed out, my blog has "grown up", and I'm no longer a "mommy to be". So I had to change my blog link and title. So hopefully you're able to find the blog if you've been following. Now it's just random thoughts from a mom. Nothing special, but it'll do.

With the new year, we've decided to move back in with my mom. It's been awesome being on our own for the last 6 months establishing routines, figuring out what we're doing, and building confidence, we're ready to be back with my mom again. Many many reasons - first, we're over at least 5 times a week. We're seeing her almost every day anyway. Second, at this point, we aren't sure what's happening after my maternity leave is over. Whether I'll go back to work part time, full time, or not at all. So until there's more certainty with that, we just need some time to save up for our next place. And third, we'll be doing some much needed renovations for my mom. So I hope you guys are getting ready for more crazy Mama Chan stories :)

Mackenzie's routine had been napping 3 times a day for about 2.5 hours total, going to bed at 7, dream feed at 8:30, another dream feed at 10/10:30, and waking up at 5 am for her first feed. She would most of the time go back down until 7.

Then I decided she didn't need the 8:30 feed anymore. Nor did she need the 5 am feed. I think those are more for comfort than actual eating. So now, her schedule goes like this - 3 naps a day (or at least we try) for maybe an hour and a half total (if we're lucky). Going to bed at 7:30, dream feed at 10, and wake up at 7. It's been working pretty beautifully. And I think once we start her on 3 meals a day, I will be cutting out the dream feed all together. Then it'll be a true sleeping through the night! Oh I can't wait!

Mackenzie is also getting her top 2 teeth as we speak. She's been teething for a week. Gosh, I hope not for that much longer. I'm sure it's super uncomfortable.

I was reading back to my diaries when I was between 14-21 years old. I can't tell you how embarrassing it was to read about just how obsessed I was with boys. My whole identity was attached to whether a boy liked me. My self worth relied on the attention I got from boys. And the drama I had with my friends! If it wasn't about this best friend, then it was about that best friend. There was ALWAYS something.

I'm just grateful that I've outgrown all of that. And grateful that it took a child for me to accept the body I have now. Which is ironic really - most women are so unhappy with the way they look after baby, but for the first time in my life, I actually look in the mirror and go, hey, not bad! And I don't look any different now than I did 10 years ago (body shape-wise). And I think now I'm finally ready to lose some weight, because there's absolutely no attachment to the results. I'm happy either way.

As horrible as it was to read about how right I thought I was all the time, I still wouldn't change anything though. If I had to go back and do it all over again, I would. And most likely the same.

I just hope that Mackenzie will go through teenage years a little less dramatic than I did. But who am I kidding? All my friends were the same. Some never even grow out of it. I just hope Mackenzie does!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!