Being Grateful

I don't know if it's since I've become a mom, or since I've started applying a lot of the stuff I learned from personal development seminars, but I just seem to be in a constant state of gratitude every day.

Sure, my family can drive me bonkers, and they sure have their moments. But for the most part, I am just so grateful that they get to spend time with us and Mackenzie every single day.

I wish that Mackenzie would remember how her grandma looks forward to getting up every morning to cuddle and hug her right before going to work. And how her grandma equally looks forward to coming home every day after work to play with her, sometimes right on the ground, sometimes holding her hands to help her walk. And I wish that Mackenzie would remember how her auntie would come home between work and meeting up with her friends just so she can say good night to her before her bedtime.

I look at Mackenzie every night and I think, wow, this child is so loved. At any given moment, she could have anywhere between 2 to 4 people surrounding her giving her their utmost attention. Most nights, if not all, she would have 4 people in her room reading her a story and giving her cuddles before bed.

And this doesn't even include our friends. We just went to visit one of our friends today with 4 kids, and they all swarmed around Mackenzie, picked her up, twirled her around, gave her a tour of their play room. Mackenzie was basking in their attention, she was loving it.

And the weird thing is, I am the one who ends up feeling grateful. I am the one who looks forward to all these moments because I can see how Mackenzie is just lighting up other people's lives.

So yeah, there are crappy days where my mom will get on my case about what I'm doing wrong, or there are days my sister would get on my nerves, or maybe Bryan and I bickered a bit. But you know what? At the end of the day, I just get back to this. I get back to just how grateful I am about where my life is at.

Am I just that annoying optimistic person who always sees the bright side of things? I think I might have become that person. Shoot. Please don't hate me.

On another note, I've finally figured out how to get Mackenzie to swallow her food. The other day, she slurped her spaghetti, sucked out the sauce, then dumped the noodles on the ground. I was getting tired of wasting food. So today, I cut up her food into tiny little pieces (cheerios size) and I would put one piece in front of her at a time to eat. She would pick it up, put it in her mouth, then chew. Only after she swallows that I put another piece in front of her. So this morning, she managed to finish half a piece of toast, 5 tidbits of pineapple, yogurt, and a piece of cheese. That might not sound like a lot to you, but she ate every single bite. It took 45 minutes, but she did it. I suppose a mini girl demands mini food. So here we are.

We're coming up to all of my mommy's group's babies first birthdays. It's so crazy how quickly they've grown. 4 babies have turn one already and we've been to 2 birthday parties. Only 21 more birthdays to go! (There are 25 babies in our group) Happy Birthday babies!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!