Survived First Week!

Dear Mackenzie,

The last time I saw you was exactly a week ago where I hugged you tight at the airport with tears streaming down my face. I reluctantly left security with one last glance at daddy holding you by the door waving goodbye and blowing the last few kisses my way.

I didn't know how I was going to last the day, let alone for over a month.

Here I am, the first week.

I've loved skyping with you every evening after school. I love that you are so distracted every time we're on the computer because you so desperately want to play with the keyboard. Sometimes, you crank your neck to watch TV. But the moments when I do get your attention, it's been well worth while.

I wanted to write you today to let you know, your dad is my hero.

The past couple months have been really hard. Since we found out you were going to be a big sister in January, I've been completely drained of energy and hugging the toilet at least once a day. On beautiful days that we did take a walk, I was out of breath by the end of the block. Most days I was stuck on the couch watching you play with your toys. Every day for the past 2 months, your dad diligently woke up at 6 am either for a run or start his work day. Then he would get you when you woke, change you, and feed you breakfast. All this, so that I could sleep in.

And just when I didn't think he could be a better husband and dad, he kicked it up a notch.

When I found out I was going to Edmonton for a month and leaving you guys behind, I was terrified. How would we make this work? How would dad be able to juggle working from home and watching you at the same time?

Dad assured me it was not going to be a problem. He was going to make sure everything was taken care of.

And that's exactly what happened.

This week, we were able to talk on the phone every morning, every lunch hour, and skyped every night. Your dad has managed to work, take you out to the park on sunny days, take pictures and videos, and send them to me. He's bathed you consistently (unlike me who skipped baths when dad is away!) and fed you like a champ all week. All this, while networking for business and hosting Abundance games on the weekend. And today, he even got you to church and managed on his own.

He is doing all of this without an ounce of complaint or worry. He didn't even seem to mind that I wasn't there for his birthday yesterday.

And this is why your dad is my hero.

I know doing all this for the next 3 weeks won't be easy, which is why starting next week, you'll be getting a part time babysitter. I know you'll have fun with her. And don't you think dad deserves it too?


Thank you for being so awesome this past week and I know you'll continue to make dad's life as easy as possible over the next 25 days. I can't wait to see you and hug you and take you to the waterpark myself and playing with you! I miss you so much!

Meanwhile, give daddy lots of hugs and kisses ok?

love, mom




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!