Week 13 - Being Away

Well, this week marked my journey of Yoga Teacher Training. It also marked the first time I'm away from Mackenzie and Bryan for a whole month.

The time crept up pretty quickly. Or maybe I was in denial. I really didn't feel anything until the night before I left. I was putting Mackenzie down to bed for the last time for a month, and I held her and cried for 10 minutes. Mackenzie gave me a weird look, but indulged me with a few cuddles.

Then the next morning, I was unusually quiet. And the tears started rolling about 10 minutes before we even left the door to go to the airport.

I continued to cry at the airport, through security (while Mack and Bryan stood at the door to wave goodbye and blew me a million kisses), and while waiting for to board. I thought I was going to cry through the whole flight.

That was, until I set beside 20-month old twin girls who screamed the entire flight.

The mom looked so apologetic. I gently reassured her that I have a 14-month old myself. Having the kids there was almost comfort.

Almost.

I was also grateful when we landed.

That was it! No more tears since then.

So how has it been so far?

It has been AH-MAZING.

Yoga was so much more than I thought it was. I'm learning so much more about myself than I thought I would. This was a course more on personal development than to learn how to be a teacher. It far exceeded my expectations. And I'm not even done the first week yet.

Do I miss home? Of course. But I think I'm a little too busy with homework, studying, class, and catching up with friends to really have a moment to think about how much I miss home. And it also helps to have technology like skype these days to keep in touch.

Overall, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. But we're not even done the first week yet. Ask me half way through and I'll let you know.

On another note, my all-day sickness has gone down to a minimum. I think it's a combination of taking my drugs consistently, eating more consistently, and being super occupied and active. I haven't thrown up so far. And just a little nausea here and there. Wish me luck, I could be in the clear!

28 more days til I see my family, and 27 more weeks til I meet Baby Dime (I've decided to call it Baby Dime because it's Baby #2 and a Nickel plus a Nickel = a dime).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!