Week 37 - Completely Unprepared

One of my friends from college so kindly reminded me today that the baby can come any day now. When I told her I wasn't ready, she said, "get on it!".

I'm just not a "get on it" kinda person. I'm more, let's see how this flows and if we need to run to Babies R' Us before heading to the hospital, then so be it.

But she does have a point.

So I might go get a travel system stroller this weekend. But that's a huge might.

All in all though, I'm handling everything splendidly. A lot better than I ever thought I would. It's probably why I didn't move sooner, because a year ago, I would've been a basket case!

Last weekend was our mad packing party. By the end of Sunday, we only had about 3-4 more rooms to go. By last night, we only have the bedroom and kitchen left. I don't think Bryan and I have ever been this prepared for a move. And we've moved 6 times in the last 8 years - normally scrambling until the very last second. (Yes, we're one of those annoying friends you help to move where we're still packing while you're moving boxes to the truck)

In fact, I'm so organized (I even have a list! Gasp!), I called Telus, Direct Energy, and Epcor to cancel our services for when we move. I even went on Canada Post to redirect our mail. I am ON THE BALL for this move. All the while being uber pregnant. I don't want to brag, but umm...I am awesome.

I hope this is not a sign that the baby will be early.

Dear Baby:

Everyone in your life would really appreciate it if you can hold off another 19 days before coming out. That will allow your parents to drive in peace from Edmonton to Vancouver, plus you would make Auntie Amanda one happy bride by not making an early appearance at the wedding.

Love, your mom and dad

Doctor's appointment was good. I gained FOUR pounds! That makes it a total of 12 so far. Something about over 10 lbs that makes it special. I finally feel fat, bloated, swollen. But it's all part of the process I suppose. My blood pressure has gone up a little, but still normal (124/84). Good news is that my cervix is still closed. So no baby yet. A warning sign though that my doctor gave me all my medical documents to take with me at all times just incase I go into labor. In fact, these were his exact words:

"If you're walking around on the street and a gush of blood comes out. Don't think, just come over to Royal Alex on the 4th floor. Just go."

I thought he was joking, so I laughed. But I think he was serious.

So supposedly 3 more weeks to go - but any day now I can have a live baby in my hands. Like a real one. Can you believe it?!?!?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!