Week 39 - Yup, We're Crazy

First off - no baby yet. So, yup, big sigh of relief right there.

Last week has been...chaotic to say the least. If there was any time I was stressed, last week was it. And it's funny, because I wasn't stressed about the baby or anything, I was just stressed about things that happened day to day.

First, the movers came on Wednesday. This guy looked at our house and said, "there's a lot more stuff than we thought there would be, there's just a lot  more." So much more that he didn't end up taking quite a few items, including our BBQ, Patio Set, Air Conditioner, and a few other things. And on top of that, they decided to charge us an extra $1000 for the move.

Yup, I FREAKED.

On top of that, with 2 days until the move, we had a truck in our driveway that we thought was spoken for but then wasn't. So we had 2 days to get rid of some major things plus the truck.

Thankfully, after freaking out for an hour, I saw it more of an opportunity. I decided to sell everything that got left behind plus the truck. Figured any extra money will go towards this move that's costing us an extra grand. I thought for sure we wouldn't be able to do it, I mean, it's a day and a half (since we were leaving Friday at 3 pm), and who can sell this much in such little time?

Umm...we did.

We sold everything - including the truck. And THAT'S how you know you're moving in the right direction. When things go exactly your way without a hitch.

On top of that, Bryan talked to the guy in charge of the moving company and negotiated the price - I think we only ended up paying an extra $2-300 or something.

Then it was cleaning day on Thursday and Friday.

Cleaning is SO NOT my forte. Thank God people came over and helped. So many people came over and helped. By the time Friday came, we were down to the crunch. We were cleaning, packing, packing some more. We were so busy in fact that by the time we left Edmonton at 3:15 pm (we were only 15 minutes behind schedule!), I forgot to say goodbye to our house.

And just like that, we were gone. No more work (which by the way, I really shouldn't have worked this past week), no more ridiculous winters, and just onwards to greener things (literally).

Drive was good. Took us about 7-8 hours to get to Kamloops. Stayed overnight and then drove the rest of the way on Saturday. Went for a quick lunch, came home for a quick nap, and off I went to a staggette. I can tell you, for a pregnant woman, I thought I did extremely well. We did dinner, pole dancing (well, I didn't pole dance), and went to a club. I lasted til 12:30 and I even danced for about half hour. I'm sure I looked like a ridiculous woman dancing with this belly, but meh, anything for a friend right?

Now that this is all over - it's settled that we are crazy. Who in the world would move at 38 weeks (driving 12 hours no less), rent out a house, trying to settle in a new home, all along hoping things will just go the way it should? Please, I don't recommend it. Only crazy people like Bryan and I are foolish enough to do it.

Had my doctor's appointment yesterday with the new doctor. I lost a pound (how? I don't know). She is the complete opposite than my Edmonton doctor - SUPER chatty and chipper. Said I'm 1 cm dialated - could be any day now. All we need to do is hold out for 3 more days until Amanda's wedding. 3 more days! I mean, c'mon Baby Nickel! We had a birth plan! You are allowed to come between April 24-30 - that was the deal! Let's make it happen!

(sigh)

I'm at week 39 and I'm trying to hold in the baby? Yeah, for sure I'm crazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!