Week 40 - Return of an Old Friend

I can't believe we made it to week 40. Like today is my due date. My doctor said that only 4% of women actually give birth on their actual due date. Most first time moms are late. In this case, that would be me. I'm making history in my family - I was 2 weeks early, my sister was 4 weeks early, and my cousin's daughter was 2 weeks early. I am not sure if we've ever had a late comer before - but here we are!

This week, I got a revisit from an old friend - one I haven't seen since the first trimester. The reason why I stopped taking pre-natal vitamins. That's right. Hemmorroids. They have returned. With no apparently reason really. I'm not even sure why they're appearing. I assume it's because the baby is getting close, so things are popping out everywhere.

Well, we made it to the wedding without baby coming! I was holding my breath and everything else for awhile there. I really wasn't sure if this baby was going to hold out. But she did! The wedding was gorgeous, and Amanda picked the best day weather-wise in Vancouver for it. Of course, with seeing my best friend get married mixed with a whole bunch of hormones, I was a giant ball of tears that day.

As soon as the wedding was over, I'm not going to lie, I swear there was a sigh of relief and the baby dropped. I was exhausted and feeling ill the next day. I really thought baby would come on Easter Sunday. But nope, she's decided that she's comfy just where she is.

We've finally picked a Chinese name for the baby - not one we'll put on the birth certificate, but still important to have one. Wing Yan - it means wisdom and gratitude. I love it. Totally suitable to where we are in our lives right now. I sure hope she has enough wisdom to come this week!

Doctor's appointment today - still 1 cm dialated. She said that if the baby doesn't come by next week, then we'll do some tests. Then if I make it to 10 days past my due date, then they'll talk about induction options. I said I'm up for whatever she suggests - I'll go with the flow and see where it takes us. So if we need induction, then by all means. Although I have a feeling that won't happen. We'll see though.

I have mixed emotions of this baby coming soon. On one hand, I've loved being pregnant the last 18 weeks or so. I will miss people being extra considerate to me the past few months, I will miss feeling the baby move inside. Oh, and I'll miss sleep. It's a whole new world once this little one arrives!

In any case - will keep you updated on baby progress this week. Could be tonight, could be tomorrow, or maybe the baby will hold there til next week. We're really hoping before Friday, so that Amanda and Dan will get a chance to meet the baby before they go back to Edmonton this week. Of course, when you have a plan like that, it never happens that way.

Week 40 - the end is near!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!