One month later...

So throughout my pregnancy, I was lucky enough not to get any stretchmarks at all. Mostly because my belly was so small! A week after Mackenzie was born, these little red marks appeared around my tummy. Turned out, I wasn't immune to stretchmarks afterall!

Is it weird that umm...I love them? I was actually pretty excited about them. They're reminders of my pregnancy and I don't want to get rid of them at all! What can I say? I guess I'm finally embracing everything about my body!

It's been a month of ups and downs. People and books will tell you about them, but nothing will prepare you anyway. So it didn't matter that I only read half a book, at the end, no logic can help you with the emotional roller coaster ride!

First off, Mackenzie stayed the same weight for 2 weeks. When we finally went to the doctor's - she told us it was time to supplement. So we alternate formula and breastmilk every other feed. Well, wouldn't you know it, after half a day, Mackenzie decided boobs no more! Give me the bottle! She would wail at the breasts not even trying to take it in. So now I'm feeding and pumping. After 3 days, she gained 10 oz! Turned out, I was starving the baby a bit - mostly because I wasn't producing enough milk. So after that, I was determined to breastfeed her. Mackenzie was also equally determined to only have the bottle. Guess who won the battle in the end? Yeah, not me.

So I decided to pump after every feed and give her breastmilk instead of formula. We also decided to change bottles where she had to suck in order to get the milk out. I always offered the breast first before giving her the bottle. When 2 more weeks have gone by, hope was fading, she just didn't want the boobs at all.

So we finally made our way to the Health Clinic yesterday. Wouldn't you know it, Mackenzie nurse perfectly there! The nurse told me no more bottles and that it was going to be a bit of a rough ride. But persistence will get her back to breastfeeding.

To say that yesterday was a long day would be an understatement! The first feed took over 2 hours because Mackenzie absolutely refused the breasts. Then the next feed we did the bottle for a bit and then she nursed for awhile. The same after that. Then overnight, we stopped the bottle all together! Is it a success? We will see! Turned out it's never too late to get them back on the boobs!

My mom had a big fight with Bryan a few weeks ago about Mackenzie's crying. After realizing how unreasonable she was, she apologized to Bryan and she has been amazing since! Now that she's in Hong Kong for another week, I actually miss having her around!

Now that things are going well, of course we found a place! We're moving in 2 weeks! It's a condo that we'll be renting about 2 minutes away from my mom (about a 15-20 min walk). It's awesome. I can't wait to have our own space and settle down finally. It's been awful living out of boxes and bags!

To that note, we're off to see the nurse again to weigh Mackenzie to make sure she's eating a proper amount on the boobs. Here's to hoping!

I know it's only been a month, but I really don't remember life before Mackenzie. Is that normal?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!