Week 8 - How I Feel About Spit Up

I don't know how I missed week 7. Sorry.

The nurses told me in the beginning that things are pretty rough until about 6-8 weeks when me and Mackenzie get to know each other more. They were right. At week 6, miraculously, things got a little easier. Then by week 7, her crying didn't even phase me anymore.

She also started spitting up quite a bit. And this is how I feel about spit up: WHAT A WASTE! I feel like my body works uber hard for this breastmilk, and here she is, spitting what seems like her whole feeding up!

So it's no surprise then, that she just gained 2 lbs since birth on week 8. Slowest gain ever, but I'm not worried about it anymore. I realized that it took me 9 months to gain 12 lbs during pregnancy, so I have to remember that she's just going to gain slowly that way.

She also started being quite a bit more alert this week. So alert in fact, that she's way too distracted to sleep during the day. Which results in overtiredness, which results in A LOT of wailing on the top of her lungs. Oh yeah, she has also found her voice - so our whole neighborhood can hear her.

She started smiling a lot more. For the first little while, I kept saying it was gas - didn't want to get my hopes up. But now, it's undeniable, she's for real smiling. And it's cute. And it makes the whole world ok again. I can't wait til she starts giggling - I might melt into a puddle of goo.

Alrighty, on this rare ocassion that Mackenzie is sleeping in her own crib during the day, I'm going to take this opportunity to shower! And if I'm lucky, might even get to eat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!