Camping for the First Time

We went camping last week. It was for church and Bryan and I were chaperones. And it was really close to home. Still, we were roughing it in outhouses and tents. We even had to bring our own water.

This is a big deal when you have a 3-month old with you.

All the kids LOVED Mackenzie. Everyone wanted a turn to hold her and to play with her. Mackenzie in turn loved the attention back! Sure, she had her moments because she didn't want to sleep (are you kidding me mom? There's way too much to see for me to close my eyes even for a second!). But overall, she was a trooper.

That was, until we were going to bed for the night.

I don't know if it was because the kids were still up until 4 in the morning chatting (when I was 14, staying up until 4 was fun), or if it's because Bryan and I were on an uncomfortable air mattress and Mackenzie was squeezed in the middle, or what. But Mackenzie did not enjoy sleeping in a tent.

Actually, at one point, she was wailing for half an hour and I thought it was because her head was too cold. Turned out, I was overheating her. As soon as I unwrapped her, she slept for 3 hours. Until she decided it was too uncomfortable to sleep. (And who can blame her? It was dark, it was cold, and it was damp!)

Camping with a baby vs camping with just the 2 of us is completely different.

Might not do it again til next year...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!