Week 19 - Thunder Thighs

I just noticed this week that I can no longer wrap my fingers around Mackenzie's thighs. She now has the thunder thighs I was dreaming of in the beginning. But now that she has them, I'm a little sad that she's growing so fast. We'll be starting solids in just over a month!

I realized today that I am more sad about Mackenzie growing than actually enjoying her. Most days I look at her and I go, "I can't believe how much she's grown! I miss her being so little!" So I think I need to stop, take a step back, and actually enjoy this whole journey. Otherwise, I'm just going to miss out on it!

So operation sans soother, sans swaddle, sans rocking, CIO, and STTN is well...a semi-success.
Out of the 3 naps during the day, Mack will go down on her own once without crying, then once crying for about 5-10 mins, then once absolutely wailing. All 3 naps are with a sleep sack, no swaddling. The last 2 nights, Mack has gone down to sleep for the night on her own. (*woot woot!*) I think it really helps now that it's dark when her bed time comes. So she falls asleep so much easier.

STTN? Well...kinda. She decided that she will wake up an hour earlier each night. So it started off at 6 am (7.5 hours of STTN), then 5 am (7 hours of STTN), then 4 am (5 hours of STTN), then 3 am (4 hours of STTN). It must've been a growth spurt, because she's back to 6 hours a night again. Now if we could just stretch that out!

Now that we finally have her on a routine and doing things on her own, we're going to Edmonton in 2 days! I hope not everything will go down the drain :( What has your experience been with a travelling baby?
I feel like our whole lives have been wrapped up in sleep training this past week. But we've been productive too. We've finished shopping for birthdays and Christmas for all the kids this year. It's great. I'll most likely buy a few more things here and there, but at least it's out of the way! I'm NEVER ahead of the game like this! It could be because there was a great sale on. It was the first time I bought Mack more stuff than for other kids!

In the meantime, here are a couple of updated pics of Mack :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!