2010 Reflection

This holiday was a huge one for us - last Christmas before baby comes, I turned 30 3 days ago, and we just entered a whole new decade. So it's only appropriate that I do a quick reflection on this past year. Feel free to skip since this isn't really baby related.

When I think back to this time last year, it's hard to believe it's only been a year. We've done, grown, and learned so much. To say we're different people than a year ago would almost be an understatement!

To that end, this year would not have happened without some key people. I want to take this opportunity to thank them here.

Bryan - well, it goes without saying, Bryan, you are amazing. I knew you were a catch when I married you, but I didn't anticipate things would be this awesome in the span of a few months. Thank you for your never-ending patience, perseverance, and dedication to our family. I am so looking forward to our baby girl next year and putting our influence skills to the test! And while I could go on and on, I will just refer back to the post from a few weeks back where I dedicated the whole thing to you.

Mom - We couldn't have gone as far as we have without the support from my mom. She's the one who makes sure we stay away from cold drinks (because you go bald and you get cancer), and warns us about  bloody strollers in the middle of the field (because it's the gang's way of tricking you to come and rape you). In times when she didn't agree with our decisions (and there were many this year - including me taking a $20K paycut to work where I work now), she lets us anyway. Thank you for giving us the top 5 moments when we made our announcement at Thanksgiving!

Kelly - My sister and I have an understanding with each other. Although Words of Affirmation is her top love language (from the must-read Five Love Langauges), we've decided a long time ago that encouragement, I love you's, and any other positive words don't need to be said to each other. Instead, we've subsituted with Je t'aime's, giving each other advice, and sharing turkey necks together (if you've never had a turkey neck, I highly recommend it). I'm counting on her to make my list of things to do when the baby arrives, because she's the queen of lists. She and I could not be more opposite, but that's what makes us work! Thank you for tolerating my me me me attitude all year round!

Brandon - It's pretty obvious, all of 2010 happened because of Brandon. I thought when we started coaching, we would be learning how to make more money. We got so much more than that. Thank you for helping us grow personally, in our relationships with God, and each other. It's been a pretty wild ride and I am honored to be working with you. I can't wait to see what next year will bring when we expand across Western Canada!

Tara - It's hard to believe that we've only known each other for a year. We've learned so much together! Thank you for always teaching me new lessons and helping me when I needed my state raised. And thank you for teaching me one of the most important lessons of all - asking for help (I will need this when the baby comes). You have served me more than you realized.

Connie and Andy - Bryan and I are honored to get to know you guys more this year. It's been so amazing to see where you guys have gone and where you guys are at now. We are so lucky to learn from how you treat each other, and how you raise Zoe. I didn't think a year ago that we would be making any more new friends (in fact, I think I might've even told God I didn't want anymore), but thank goodness God didn't listen to me. Thank you for sharing releases with us and being transparent about who you are.

There are many many more people who were involved that made 2010 really the best so far. Please forgive me if I've missed you - I will blame it on my pregnancy brain. All I can say is that when I said goodbye to 29 three days ago and welcomed 30, I was not sad by any means. 20's have served me well and I loved every minute of it. But I'm so much looking forward to my 30's knowing that it can only get better from here. And I have all of you in my life to thank for that.

As to resolutions - are you kidding? I think a baby is enough! Plus I find resolutions kind of pointless. Why do we try to make goals only at the beginning of the year?

In any case - Happy New Year everyone! Here's to an amazing 2011!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!