Week 25/26 - Got Lazy (Or is it busy?)

As I'm sure you've noticed - I didn't write anything for week 25. I don't know what happened - might've gotten lazy. I could've been busy. In all honesty, I don't remember. Weeks are flying past these days so it's hard to keep track what I even did yesterday!

I've now surpassed my pre-pregnancy weight. Although my clothes still fit - so I'm hoping this is all baby! Realistically though, I haven't been eating the greatest in between meals, so we will see!

This week's post is brought to you again by my mom. As Asians, my mom has always believed that it's my responsibility to call her. When I get a little too busy and I don't call in 2 weeks (that's a long time, I know), she never thinks about picking up the phone. In fact, every year on my birthday, she always asks me why she would have to call me.

Imagine my surprise and worry when she called me a few days ago.

Me: Hi
Mom: Hi!
Me: Umm...is everything ok?
Mom: Yeah. (pause) I was just thinking, I think you need to take your calcium pills.
Me: What?
Mom: Yeah, I'm really worried about you, I think you need to take your pills. It's really important - this is very serious.
Me: You called me to tell me to take calcium pills?
Mom: Well, I just saw a commercial, and yes, listen, you need to take them.
Me: What happens if I don't?
Mom: Well, the baby would come out really small. I'm just really worried that the baby isn't growing.
Me: Ok, I am just about to have supper, I will call you back in 30 minutes
Mom: Ok, but before you go, just remember to take your pills.
Me: I don't think my bones are going to break in the next 30 minutes, we'll talk about this some more later.

Then we proceeded to have a conversation about strollers 30 minutes later:

Me: I'm doing a lot of research on strollers now - there's so much to look at
Mom: You and your sister never had strollers you know. I don't think you should have one.
Me: I'm going to be living in Vancouver, I will need one to walk around.
Mom: That's why you have a car. The stroller is not good for your baby.
Me: What?
Mom: You walk around, and the cars pass by the stroller, and the dirt get in the stroller and soil the baby.
Me: That's ridiculous.
Mom: I'm telling you, you and your sister never used them.
Me: That's because we lived in Hong Kong! It's way too crowded to have a stroller!
Mom: Well, I'm just telling you. But it's YOUR BABY. I don't care what you do.

So yeah, we're going to be living with my mom for about 3-6 months when we move back home. This should prove to be interesting. I'm leaning more towards 3 months than 6.

14 more weeks to go! Can you believe it?

Comments

  1. I'm a Vancouver mom, and with all the rain, amy stroller is too big a pain for me - ugh, wet wheels all over my floor? I put the baby in a carrier and just haul him around with me under my rain coat!

    But I have to admit, the whole car-dirt thing never occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to agree with your mom, too - (about the stroller, not the calcium! =)

    We didn't buy a stroller until Frances was about 3 months old and I only wanted one so I could join a strollercise class. We also got a Chariot later in the year, but only because Steve wanted a running/skiing cart.

    We used a sling until the girl was about 6mo - It's EASY to pack into a diaper bag, use while grocery-shopping or going for coffee or to the zoo or farmer's market or whatever. And then we switched to an Ergo at 6mo, which we still use today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!