Plan B Set/First Prenatal Class

So I thought I had nothing to say in week 27 - but then I suddenly remembered...

Awhile back we had a talk with my sister about what happens to the baby if something happened to me and Bryan. We told her that she didn't have to decide right then but if the time comes and she isn't able to meet what we asked (there were quite a few things...), we would have to go with plan B.

We asked plan B this weekend if they were willing to be plan B - thank God they accepted! Bryan and I went through our list of people and there was no question, this couple was on top of our list! They have a little girl now and having watched them grown both as a couple and as parents, I'm really relieved to know that should something morbid happen to me and Bryan, and should my sister decide she couldn't meet the "requirements", that our baby will be well taken care of.

I don't think I've ever been so responsible in my life. Is this what happens when you become a mom? You are now officially a grown up? (I have to admit, even at 30, I really feel like I'm 21 most of the time)

Bryan and I went to our first prenatal class yesterday. I found this class that was hosted by 2 doulas and was fully prepared to pay for it. But then somehow they bought the south chapter of momstown.ca and they offered the class for free! I'm a sucker for free things.

So yeah - it was a bit of a reality check for me. On top of panicking about being a mom, I'm now worried that I don't have a birth plan in place. So yeah, I have 13 more weeks to do that. And as far as drugs go? I'm pretty sure I'm going to go without. Or at least try to. All the side effects are a bit too scary for me. Plus I'm all about natural and alternative stuff anyway.

So I was thinking this week what a perk it is to be pregnant. So far, I've gotten some pretty sweet treatment. A couple of months ago, we went to watch Harry Potter. I told Bryan I wanted popcorn drenched in butter. He took me literally, went up to the guy and said, "my wife is pregnant, and uh, she wants it drowned in butter." The guy was like, "so like a pool of heart attack?" Bryan said, "yeah, that will work." He came back and I asked Bryan if I could have some popcorn with that butter. It was THAT drenched.

Then on New Year's Eve, since I couldn't drink, I really wanted a blended drink. Like a virgin Pina Colada or something. Bryan went up to the waitress and said, "my wife is pregnant, and she really wants something slushy. Can you do anything for her?" The waitress said, "oh, she's pregnant? Oh, of course, we'll bring one right up for free." FOR FREE!

A couple of weeks ago, when it was -30, I REALLY felt like Purdy's chocolate ice cream bars (you know, the ones where they dip in chocolate and then rolled in nuts? OMG - so good!). Bryan works at the mall, so it would've been easy for him to grab one on the way to get me. But he left too late. The store was closing. Then he went up to the lady and said, "is it too late? My wife is pregnant and she's been craving one of your ice-cream bars all day!" The lady said, "anything for someone pregnant! Of course, let me get one for you."

What can I say? Being pregnant has its perks. And yes, I fully intend to take advantage of it until the baby pops out. Since this is the last 3 months that it'll be all about me - trust me, I will be enjoying every ounce of attention I get!

Only 88 more days to go! (That sounds like very little when I put it in days...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!