Week 28 - WHAT A WEEK!

This past week was I think one of the busiest week I've had since I've been pregnant. I hope I actually remember it all - seriously, these days, I don't know where my brain is.

First off, Friday was my last day at the office! Yay! Having said that, I also walked out of there with a bit of fear of how I was going to manage in the next couple of months. But the feeling of never having to step in an office again (no more job after moving to Vancouver - so this is the last time!) was just as I thought it would be - it was really freeing. I almost wish I had done this sooner, but as Byron Katie says, "Nothing happens ahead of its time. Everything happens on time. Not our time, but on time." So true.

Saturday I had my gestational diabetes test in the morning. I had read quite a bit on it and was very very apprehensive about it. I was afraid I might puke. I was scared I might fail, in which case, I would have to go back for ANOTHER test and drink twice as much of this gross stuff I've heard so much about. I have to admit, 50 ml was a bit more than I thought it was. But the drink was ice cold (they know what they're doing over at the labs!) so it wasn't so bad. I finished the drink in 4 minutes (I had 5 minutes). Waited my hour and off I went. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought!

Then Saturday night, my body decided not to sleep. This has never happened before. I just laid in bed with a million thoughts (and I'm sure this was not an exaggeration) going a mile a minute. I did not sleep one bit!

Do you know what happens when you don't sleep?

I can tell you that Sunday was not pretty. Bryan left for Calgary for business that afternoon. All I can say is that it all went downhill from there. I know this is what being a mom will be like - I will be sleep deprived and most likely be a zombie for a long time. What I didn't expect was just how much it would affect my state. Not just a little, but drastically. By the end of the night, having been up for over 30 hours, I sobbed in my room for over 30 minutes. And when you're like that, there is no future - and it can suck everything out of you.

Then I got some sleep. Monday, I was all better.

(sigh)

That glimpse of motherhood was not pretty. I need to be a little more prepared for this. Any tips?

Monday I finally started working from home! I sat in front of the TV all day! Watched the Baby Story - which I need to tell you - you shouldn't watch when you're pregnant. These women were screaming in pain, and then when the baby finally arrives, I'm balling in front of the TV right along with these women. Needless to say, my first day home at work was a bust. I worked all day and all night. So umm...yeah, I need a better structure.

Bryan and Brandon didn't come back to Edmonton until 2 in the morning (and if you know them, it's not surprising). By the time we caught up on their weekend, we didn't go to bed until 3:30. God is preparing me for lack of sleep. It's awesome.

Tuesday I was so busy with the event we were having that night that I barely got a chance to sit down to work at all. This working from home stuff is both a blessing and a curse! I was driving around all day making sure the evening would go smoothly. Not to mention I had my doctor's appointment yesterday too.

I gained 1.6 lbs since my last appointment - which was so much less than I anticipated! I have eaten so much that I thought for sure I've gained another 9 lbs! And my glucose test came back awesome, my blood pressure is still really good. I'm a happy camper :)

All in all, it was a really busy week. I'm just getting back onto schedule today. Tomorrow I should be able to gauge just how this working from home will be like. I will keep you updated. Wish me luck.

Although eventful, it was a very boring week. But the rest of the month should be interesting. We have an event coming up in Vancouver in 3 weeks, another one in Edmonton 2 days after that. Then a 2 and a 3-day event. To say we're busy would be an understatement, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Which is weird.

Alrighty, til next week! 12 more weeks to go :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!