Week 29 - Working from Home

I'm STILL trying to catch up from falling behind on my first week from working at home. But I have to say, it's been amazing. I LOVE it. And this week, with a semi-normal schedule, I've been able to cook, clean, and catch up on TV! So much has changed on Days of Our Lives since I last watched! (I never thought their storyline would actually change!)

Have also been watching A Baby Story - I don't know what prompted me to start. But I can tell you - if our prenatal class was a dose of reality, this was a SPLASH of reality. I am very whiny, and these women are whiny. So knowing me, I'll be extra whiny. Good luck Bryan.

I'm feeling pretty huge - even though I'm sure I'm not. I still have 11 more weeks to go, so I know what can happen in the next 11 weeks. I waddled lots today, and walking is becoming a bit of a chore. Should be an interesting week, it's supposed to go down to -25 by tomorrow night!

My stepdaughter Kaylynn, who just turned 17 a few months ago, had the day off school on Friday. So we decided we would hang out and do lunch. I wasn't really sure what to expect, we've never hung out just the 2 of us before, and I haven't really talked to her (except for texting) for a long time. But my gosh, if our daughter would turn out half as awesome as Kaylynn, I will be the happiest mom on earth.

Most kids her age would still be bitter and have a victim mentality on circumstances in life (in her case, it would be her parents' divorce). Not Kaylynn. She actually said to me, "I'm glad the way things happen. I'm happy with my life and mistakes were made, but that's the past. Things are exactly the way it's supposed to be." On top of that, she also gave a wise piece of advice, "you never understand another person unless you are actually that person, and that will never happen. So we can't judge anyone, we can only be understanding and try to see it from their perspective."

I'm in awe of the wisest 17-year old I know.

We had such a good time, we chatted non-stop from the moment I arrived until dinner - so that was 5 hours. Then she wanted to see Bryan (which if you knew the background, this was another surprise) and we went out for dinner. The whole time it was amazing. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. A lot of people have complaints about being a step-parent, but I've always said I'm the most blessed stepmom out there. It's hard to believe she was only 9 when we first met!

Well, tomorrow is week 30 - sorry for the late post! 11 more weeks to go! (Until tomorrow that is...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!