Do Not Underestimate the Power of All Day Sickness

I was feeling better last week, I really was. In fact, I had a 5-day streak of not getting sick. I was starting to eat normal meals, I was beginning to get some energy back, I was getting hopeful!

Then BAM! Just like that, I have never been so violently ill in my life. At first I thought maybe I went a little too overambitious on the food I was eating, but no - even when I'm not eating, I manage to throw up something!

It's been a long week, and I feel like so much has happened, but umm...the pregnant brain can only remember so much.

First, one of my co-workers so kindly loaned me her bella band! Yay! I can wear my normal pants and feel somewhat comfortable :) God bless her - what a lifesaver.

I haven't worked up the nerve to tell my boss about the baby yet. Do I have to? Oh yes, I do. I keep waiting and waiting for things to line up before I do, but alas, I think the Universe is waiting for me to make a decision and take action before giving me a break. So yes, it's coming, I'm going to say something...umm..this week?

Went out to dinner to one of our friend's house on the weekend - they have a 7-month old (giant) baby. I had the luxury of hearing perhaps the worst labor story of all time. Everything from burst placenta to the possibility of the baby dying to 10 hours of induced horrific labor...on top of that, I also get to hear just what I get to look forward to in the next 6 months.

Please, I beg you. I live in a bubble. It's probably best if I find these things out on my own rather than anticipating the obvious (to you). Save me the immediate pain and let me experience it by surprise!

Had our doctor's appointment today. He asked me if I was feeling better. I told him no, I was feeling worse! He joked and said maybe it's twins. But then he found the heart beat and said my uterus is about the right size and the baby is at about the right place. So probably just one.

29 more days til we find out. And whether we want to know the sex of the baby is still up for debate. Good news is that my doctor prescribed me morning sickness medication. With the trip to LA coming up, I will most likely be taking it. (I will most likely wonder afterwards, why in the world I didn't ask for this wonder drug sooner...but we'll see)

My mom wrote me an email today:

"Carly

I have heard there is some kind of essence commonly used in the Chinese restaurants (especially in hot pots) which is makes the food very delicious but it’s cancer causing and fatal.  I want you to abstain from eating spicy noodles (in soup) and if possible from eating at the Chinese restaurants at all.

Mom"

Of course, this is written by a woman who also told us that if you have vitamin C and seafood at the same time, you will die. If you have cold water, you will have cancer. If you have persimmons (a fruit) and crab together, it will almost be fatal.

I was going to reply with some snarky remarks, but I ended up writing:

"ok"

I figured her heart was in the right place. What can I say? My mom is special.

This post is long enough. If I have enough energy tomorrow, I will write this angry post about a site I found. Be prepared, I was so worked up for a couple hours - no work got done. (Ok, shut up you with that "but you never do any work anywaz")

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!