Week 15 - Pregnant Brain Begins

So yesterday (November 1), I woke up and knew it was an important day. The only thing I could think of was our doctor's appointment. I even found my daytimer to make sure I didn't scribble something last minute on there. Nope, none, nada.

Last night we went to a friend's house for dinner. Then at 7:30, I checked my phone and I missed a call. Then I remembered - I was supposed to have an appointment to meet with my life insurance company for more paramedical questions. I COMPLETELY forgot while she was standing in front of my house. Imagine my horror and embarrassement. I haven't called her back yet, but I'm going to try to make it up to her.

And so it begins...pregnant brain.

On top of that, I also seemed to have developed headaches. Headaches aren't normal for me, so to have them for a couple days in a row was painful to say the least. I have come to realize that I am a big cry baby, I just never noticed because I hardly got sick before I was pregnant.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you - one of the midwives I contacted back in August got back to me last week. I was next on the waiting list and I made it! They left me a message, booked me an appointment and told me I could transfer all my files from my current doctor's office.

Wait wait! But I have questions!

So I wrote them, in a really nice way, and told them if I could use the first appointment as a trial. Bryan and I had a few questions of what it means (they're out of Spruce Grove, which means that we would give birth in the Stony Plain Hospital). Of course, I would understand there's a long line of women just waiting for a midwife in Edmonton, so I would like to be able to make a decision as soon as possible.

The coordinator wrote back and said that the first appointment isn't really for questions. I don't have time to interview them. Either I'm in or I'm out. Not to pressure me or anything, but I need to make a decision within a couple days because they hae a long wait.

And so - I decided not to go through with a midwife. I would hate to go through with it, and transfer all my files from my current doctor, only to find that they're as pushy as they are in their emails. I'm happy with my doctor now, so I suppose that's just what's meant to be right now. Sad too, because I would've wanted to see what they offered that my doctor couldn't.

My mom sent me another email today. Today, I'm supposed to cut out all dairy from my diet. Wait, not just me, but Bryan too. Dairy causes breast cancer and prostate cancer. That's why Asian people are so healthy, because they rarely have any dairy. I even did research on the article my mom sent me - it's for real. It was written by some scientist in the States. So it must be legit right?

I drank a litre of milk last Friday. Beep me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!