Week 18 - Relieved and Confession Time

Umm...week 18 already?

The baby is now the length of a sweet potato (5.5 inches). I'm wondering when I'm going to feel the baby move. I think I feel something at times, but it's more like gas than anything else. I'm not eating a lot these days, I hope the baby is growing! (I assume baby must be taking everything I have, because I don't think I've not been sick - i.e. all day sickness, UTI, cold, etc - since I've been pregnant. Leaving me fight for myself)

So, I FINALLY told my boss at work today that I'm pregnant. I don't know what I expected, but I didn't expect it to be easy. Of course I should know that she has experience with hearing news like that all the time. I guess I just thought she'd say something like, "ok, well, you're not fit for this role anymore, so what's the plan now?" or something like that.

Those who have worked with me before know that I have always been very good at what I do. I don't say this to brag, but I have always been very efficient at work. It comes from me being lazy, so I'm always trying to find the quickest and easiest way to do something so I can slack off for majority of the day. I would say that a typical day's work would normally take me 1/3 to 1/2 the time to finish. Which is why I took this job to begin with. Because I knew that I could do this in 4-5 hours vs 8.

So working a full day and use it fully? It's foreign territory to me. I figured my boss was wondering what's up and had high hopes that I would go home to work sooner than this (I've been here 4 months now). I am probably harder on myself than everyone else, so I feel guilty for actually working a full day. (Which is so ironic, I've never felt guilty for slacking off for half a day before)

In any case, I'm relieved. Now I can just talk baby at work (if I have anyone to talk to about it) without being all hush hush.

Alrighty - now onto confession time! That's right, things I did in the last 18 weeks that I'm not supposed to do. I'm not too worried about it, nor do I feel guilty about it. So judge all you want!

1.) I stopped taking my pre-natal vitamins weeks ago. At first it was because I was constipated, then it was just because I got lazy. Now that I'm not taking them, I'm constipated anyway. So I guess it wasn't the cause of my pooping tragedy (those who know me knows I love pooping). I miss pooping so much.

2.) I ATE SUSHI! Yes, I ate sushi a month ago. I did research on it for a couple days and finally said, screw it. Japanese women eat sushi all the time. So I did. And it was DELICIOUS.

3.) I had a whole brick of brie. I think it was made from pasteurized milk, so that's not off limits. Having said that, I didn't double check before I ate the whole thing.

4.) I had no idea I wasn't supposed to have deli meat. Well what I can say? I lived off subway for like the first 2-3 months of my pregnancy.

5.) I have gotten very unhygenic since I got pregnant. There have been days where I wouldn't shower for 3 days. That's right - I'm preparing for motherhood!

22 more weeks to go! Holy crap!

Comments

  1. I ate sushi too when I was pregnant and then I felt so guilty that I confessed to my doctor--AFTER I had the baby! There's so much you 'shouldn't do' it's crazy! I tried to follow advice but listened to my instincts. I'm sure you're doing just fine! Almost halfway!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!