Week 17 - Just Another Week

After coming back from LA, we just completely crashed for about 12 hours. Even then, it didn't seem like 12 hours was enough sleep.

Good news was that my ears were fine - being congested, I really was surprised that I came out ok on the other end. I think it was a mixture of tapping, lots of vicks vapor rub, sleeping, and lots of praying. At the end, I'm just grateful my eardrums didn't pop.

We went from 30 degrees in Pasadena to -10 in Edmonton. Today, it clocked at -23 with windchill of -33. I am severely depressed - we should've stayed and never came back!

On to happier news though - we have decided we will find out the sex of the baby next week at our ultrasound! There was a lot of debate back and forth about keeping it a surprise. But as my cousin Andrea puts it (God bless her), "it's a surprise whether it's at 20 weeks or at 40 weeks." And it's true. I am SO EXCITED to be finding out.

I'm having a bit of a mental breakdown about whether the baby is ok though. Like really illogical about it. But it's to be expected right? (Just say yes)

I have not puked for a week and a half. Partly because of the drugs I was taking, and partly because I think I'm finally hitting that 2nd trimester "bliss". (Please, bliss? They just tell you that so you can bare through the first trimester) Today I thought I was going to run to the bathroom, but alas, I didn't eat enough today to get sick at all.

I was all set to tell my boss about the pregnancy today. And I TOTALLY chickened out. This is foreign territory for me. I'm normally on chatty terms with all my co-workers. Since I was consciously trying not to make new friends (I know, it's really hard to believe for some of you), I feel completely disconnected! Argh, I know I have to do it this week. Argh!

Bryan and I do have some big news coming up for those who don't know already. Just waiting to chat with my mom when she gets back to Hong Kong to get some final advice and words of wisdom before announcing it officially. So stay tuned :) (It'll come with next week's announcement on the baby's gender!)

Week 17 already! Only 23 more weeks to go. Less actually. Week 18 starts tomorrow - can you believe it? I was complaining for so long!

Comments

  1. 18 weeks and you haven't said anything yet?! Argh! =)

    And... YES. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!