Week 19 - And It's a...

They say that your first trimester symptoms ease quite a bit when second trimester hits. It's been 7 weeks since the first trimester, and although I'm not throwing up anymore, I am still as tired (if not more tired) than I was before. There are days I'm in bed by 9 pm and wake up at 7:30 and still, I can barely focus at work and barely manage to last through the day without dreaming about my bed half way through.

This is probably because I'm not eating enough. So for awhile there, I was pretty worried that I was hindering the growth of our baby. In fact, I think last week I was down one more pound. Which made my total loss so far 6 lbs since pregnancy.

When it came to the ultrasound yesterday, I was both excited and nervous. More excited than anything else. I couldn't stop smiling on the way to the appointment. Even with a semi-full bladder, I didn't care. I really just wanted to see the baby!

The office was running about a half-hour behind schedule. The tech I got was really nice. I laid down and she told me that she'd take all the measurements and pictures right off the bat so I can go pee if I need to. From the sounds of it, it didn't sound like it would take long.

It took over 45 minutes. And it was 45 minutes of silence. Of course, all these thoughts went through my head. Is something wrong? Is the baby not moving? Is the baby too small? Then finally, she chuckled. And I asked her if everything was ok. And she said, "oh yeah, everything is fine. Baby is just not cooperating with me. It's moving around everywhere!"

(insert big sigh of relief)

Of course I predicted this would happen. I knew that because we wanted to know the sex of the baby, the baby would decide this would be a fun game to play. Of course the baby wouldn't take after Bryan's narcolepsy (is that a blessing or a curse?), the baby has to take after me. Let's make everything fun! Let me make what you're trying to do as difficult as possible!

At the end of it all, the tech said she couldn't get a good picture of the spine because the baby wouldn't stop doing aerobics. We finally got to see it on screen after all of that is done and wow! This baby was active!

The tech said she's never seen a boy this active before, so she's predicting a girl. Also, towards the end, we got a glimpse (maybe 2 seconds?) between the legs, and we didn't see anything. So yeah, we're 70% sure it's a girl. We got to see her fist pump, scratch her ears, swollow, and talk. The baby is pretty cute!

Compared to other babies at 19 weeks though, I think our baby is pretty small and skinny. So I know it's time to eat more. The one time I'm allowed to eat lots, my body just isn't cooperating!

I'm happy that it's a girl. I would've been happy with a boy too. I was pretty indifferent about it. I mostly wanted a boy for Bryan, because he has 2 girls already. All I know is that I saw 2 arms, 2 legs, 10 fingers, and 10 toes. I'm a very happy mommy! (slightly disappointed that it's not twins, but oh well!)

Onto more news...

When I first moved to Edmonton 7 years ago, it was because Bryan's daughters lived here. We saw them every 2 weeks and it only made sense that I moved. We had intentions of moving home in a year or two - but you know how it goes, once you settle, it's hard to change again. Now that Bryan's daughters are grown and we don't see them all that much anymore, we used our business as an excuse to stay. "We have a great base here", "our network is all in Edmonton", and so on and so on.

Well, the time has come.

This lesson has been coming up over and over this year for me - making decisions based on values vs circumstances. In fact, one of the bloggers I know actually took the advice and made a major decision this holiday.

So it only makes sense that I heed to the same advice. It's time for us to make this decision based on our values, not our current circumstances.

So since our intention of me moving to Edmonton because of family (Bryan's family), it's only fitting that we're moving back to Vancouver to be closer to my family after all this time.

Trust me when I say this was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. What will we do with the house? How will our business work? How will we build a new network in Vancouver? Where will we live? When do we move? How will this affect the baby?

One thing I've learned is that the Universe never gives you a lesson without providing you with a way to make it happen. So now, it's all about trust. I know it will all work out, but doesn't make the process easy.

The big question now is if we'll move pre or post baby. Thoughts?

21 more weeks to go! Next week I'll be half way! Thanks for baring through all my complaining so far :)

Comments

  1. Disappointed about not having twins?! *snort* Um, be glad. =)

    And congrats about the decision to move - it will probably make things easier family-wise. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

Dear Mackenzie

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!