Week 23 - And It's a...(For Real This Time)

It was a whirlwind trip to Vancouver. It always seems that way, but this time it really was extra short. 4 days just isn't enough to squish in all the family time we need!

I didn't think I would start getting baby things so soon, but alas, this Christmas, I got a lot of baby-related presents! I'm pretty surprised, mostly because I try to separate baby presents from the parents. I'm ok with it though, I mean, this is all starting to come together!

Had a talk with my sister about what would happen to the baby if something happened to Bryan and I. It's not like us to be this prepared, but when it comes to the worst, you can count on me apparently! It was a sobering conversation (we literally ended in silence), but a much needed one. It was really important to us that the baby goes to a home that has similar values as us. And to put that obligation on someone else can be a burden, so I wanted to make sure that my sister is fully prepared for that. It gave her a lot to think about, and made us realize we have to have Plan B in place just incase she isn't ready if the time ever comes. (sigh) Baby is really shaking things up over here!

We had the 3D ultrasound on Tuesday. It was quite a pleasant experience! The first thing the technician asked was if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. We all said yes in unison. She went straight between the legs and I swear, I swear I saw a set of balls.

Me: OMG, are we having a boy? I think I see balls.
Technician: Umm...no. It's a girl. See that? It's her vagina.

She proceeded to show us 8 different times in 30 minutes just to confirm for sure that this is a girl. They are not balls. There is no penis. The technician obviously does not want us to buy boy clothes. So yeah, we're having a girl FOR SURE!

Of course, of all 41 photos on the disc, guess how many came in semi-clear? ONE. Because this baby would not stop moving for the life of her. She stretched, she hid, she curled up in a ball - you name it, she did it. I must limit my amount of sugar from now on!

Baby looks like an alien. What do you expect? They all do on 3D ultrasounds!

Did I mention we have guests over at our house? Amanda's parents are here from Vancouver and staying with us. It's been a blessing to tell you the truth. Mrs. Lao has cleaned our house top to bottom (the organizing bit is all us - so that will have to wait) and did ALL of our laundry. She has done daily cleaning (vacuum, sweeping, dishes) and they have cooked for us almost every night. Seriously, I can almost get used to this. It's been SO NICE coming home to a home cooked meal and a clean house. I know this won't last long (they're not staying long), but it's been a breath of fresh air!

I'm supposed to work from home in 3 weeks. I'm contemplating on if I should continue with my employer or not. With the move coming up, I won't be with them for much longer. But I also don't want to say anything until everything is confirmed. Ah, nothing like living in uncertainty! Welcome to our world!

In the meantime, we have an event coming up in 9 days. With holidays and such, we're JUST gearing up for it now. We can really use some help moving tickets - so if you're interested in knowing what it's all about, let me know!

Alrighty - boring week 23. 17 more weeks to go! (Holy crap!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!