Travel Approved!

I'm not sure what's with me and being so scared of how people will react. I'm so not normally like this. But I procrastinated in telling my doctor about moving to Vancouver because I was afraid of his reaction.

With 5 weeks to go - let's face it, I was running out of time!

I gained one more pound (yay!) and blood pressure is still good (122/80), no sugar or protein in my urine. This is all good news. Baby was moving A LOT, heartbeat was good. Really, can my pregnancy be any easier? (knock on wood)

The moment came, I told him Bryan got a new opportunity in Vancouver and we're moving in 3 weeks. My doctor was so good about it! He just said this is good, and that everything will be ok. Asked me if I found a doctor yet. I told him I needed a referral, gave him the name of the doctor I wanted, and he said he'll take care of everything. I asked him about driving 11 hours, he said I'll be fine. I most likely won't go into labor during the drive, just uncomfortable. He told me to make stops as often as possible to walk around.

So what was I worried about again? Oh yeah, nothing.

Immediately after my doctor's appointment, I found out my life insurance policy that has been on hold (long long long long story) for FIVE months finally got approved. The Universe is funny, it likes to hold back things until I get aligned with a few things. So here I am. I'm now fully insured again (thank God!) and I told Bryan that it's ok if something happens to me now. Serious big sigh of relief.

And Bryan and I went stroller shopping yesterday! We had a date night (again, finally!) and I have to say that this part was pretty fun. I'm so glad we went because I got to actually experience a few things. Have decided to forgo all the advice from the outside and go with our gut. We ended up finding a few we liked that were lighter, easy to set up/fold down, and durable.

Then we headed over to That's Aroma for dinner - they have $10 pasta specials on Mondays and Tuesdays (no, it's not as good of a deal as Chianti), and I have to admit, the food was delicious. They recently switched owners. The service wasn't great (in fact, our server was especially slow), but the food was tasty! I think I got the best deal out of the menu with my seafood spaghetti.

We also managed to go to Canadian Tire and actually had fun there. How? I'll save that for another day. Let's just say that both Bryan and I had a lot of garlic during dinner.

Overall - a big improvement from my mood on Monday. Now that things are in place, I'm really excited about the move now! (The baby will come - one step at a time, ok?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!