Week 33 - On a Positive Note

Week 33 already, can you believe it?

Bryan put in his notice last week at work. His employer was superbly grateful for the long notice because that gives them time to find a replacement and have them trained by Bryan. And to top it off, they might have an opportunity for him to work contract work from Vancouver.

So I knew it was my time coming. And when one of my co-workers told me that my boss would really appreciate as much notice as possible, I know this week is the week. I'm just trying to write up a good resignation letter that includes how much I really appreciated this opportunity and that this decision hasn't been easy. I mostly have been procrastinating doing this because I was afraid when I put in my notice, then this whole move thing will become final.

Well, it is becoming final. In fact, I cleared out most of the spare room. After 3 years of using it as a storage room, of course we have cleared it out now! It would've made a nice nursery, but alas, it was not meant to be. Our future will be in Vancouver. I also cleared out the spare bedroom. So now we just have to tackle the bedroom and actually start packing. We also have to list our place for rent. So yeah, things are a little overwhelming, but it's finally moving along. There's no denying that this is happening. So yeah, I'm giving myself until Friday to put in my notice.

Had my doctor's appointment today. I always come out feeling like the biggest winner ever. First, because the nurse always tell me I'm doing so well with my blood pressure (today I was at 110/80) and the sugar and protein in my urine is always good. When the doctor asks me if I have any questions or concerns, I'm always like, no - it's been amazing so far. And then we listen to the heartbeat for like 10 seconds, and then I'm out. The baby is kicking and the heartbeat is good. So yeah, I'm a champion pregnant woman. Aside from hormones, I think I'm doing pretty ok so far. I asked him if I was too small, he said I was small, but not too small. So yay! I'm probably their easiest patient ever. Which is how I anticipate this birth - the easiest ever. Just indulge me, will you? Of course, I've been too chicken to tell my doctor that I'm moving, because he's been so great. I'm semi-hoping I will give birth here to have him deliver the baby, but I'm also semi-hoping that this will be a May baby, so that Amanda's wedding will go smoothly. Come what may :)

On the last positive note - our TV is fixed! With a new cable box and MORE channels. I'm just going to put it on food TV and let the guests at my house go at it. It's their favorite. All that work for one more month of cable!

Well guys - 7 more weeks to go, 49 more days. Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. Holy smokes this was an awesome line: "I'm a champion pregnant woman"... BEST EVER! Keep rockin it Carly... and congrats on having the courage to make the changes that you believe are best for you and the team :)

    tim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!