Week 31/32 - Chinese People are So Rude

Yes, I'm Chinese. Yes, I'm totally just dissing my own kind.

The other day, I had lunch with Bryan. We were at the food court at the mall and had to grab something quick. So I went to the Chinese place and ordered their special - fried rice, veggies, and sesame chicken. I knew it wasn't the healthiest of choices, but I ordered it anyway. Sesame chicken is deep fried and you would never be caught dead eating that in Hong Kong - but meh, sometimes, I like to indulge in "white people's food".

The guy who scooped up my food said, "I think you should have bourbon chicken instead - which is plan chicken in some sauce. I asked him if I could have half and half. He said no, that the sesame chicken was the special. So I said, well, I'll go with the sesame chicken then.

He then said, "I just thought it'd be healthier for you to have bourbon chicken."

Beep you Chinese man, beep you. I KNOW what's good and not good for my body. I don't need you to tell me what to eat and what not to eat. If I was using my head a bit, I would've said, forget your food, I'm going next door thank you. But I was set on the sesame chicken, so I took it and only ate half. Mostly because I was full, but maybe subconsciously I felt guilty about it. I'm not sure though.

Then today, Bryan and I went to T & T to get some BBQ pork. And they normally come with some yummy honey sauce. So we asked the lady for it. The lady said, "you don't need sauce, it's delicious. It's delicious like this." Well, screw you Chinese woman, I WANT sauce!

Needless to say, Chinese and I aren't friends right now.

To top it off, our TV stopped working. And that normally wouldn't be a problem, since I've cut out TV from my daily routine. But we have guests over right now and they're as restless as ever without it. So I was on the phone with Telus TV with an incompetent tech who told me to call back in the evening. Then Bryan spent another hour and a half with someone else only to be told that a tech will come to our house tomorrow morning to change out the cable box. All that for one more month of TV!

Then back home in Vancouver, I have been informed that our very first pet - Jody the cat - has suddenly fallen ill. Sure, she's 16 years old. But up until 3 days ago, she was the most active 16-year-old cat I knew. Her future is uncertain. And although I'm pretty laid back about the whole thing (what will be will be - I can't control this - so I just have to go with it), seeing my mom and my sister upset is another story.

It hasn't been my week. I'm pregnant, I'm grumpy, I'm tired, and I want to punch someone in the face. So if you're going to be in my way - watch out.

8 more weeks to go - that is, until tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!