Week 30-31 - First Visit to Santa

I'm looking at pictures of Mackenzie now and she's looking more and more like me. Only the white version of me. It's kinda weird.

Nothing too new to report these past couple of weeks. She's started to crawl on her hands and knees. But only if there's something she really really wants to reach. Otherwise, she'll wait for it to come to her. Or she'll slide on her stomach for it.

My milk supply seem to have gone down these past couple of weeks. So I'm loading up on blessed thistle and fenugreek. I smell like walking maple syrup. Has it helped? I have no idea. I don't feel abundantly full, but Mackenzie seems to be gaining weight. So I guess I just have to trust that it's working.

Mackenzie has finally surpassed 15 lbs. She's hovering between the 10th and 25th percentile. Can't say I'm all that worried. The other day, she ate olives and pooped them out the next day. It's weird to have little black chewed up things in your baby's poop. Then I remembered what she ate and then all was well.

We finally took her to see Santa yesterday. It was exactly how I pictured her to be like. I knew as soon as she sat on Santa's lap, she would start wailing. There were loads of pouting, whining, giant tears, and screaming. It was absolutely fantastic. Only the photographers really wanted to get her smiling, so we didn't get one of her crying her eyes out at all. Which was too bad, because it really captures her personality.

Mackenzie has taken every ounce of her personality after me. Which can be concerning. She whines like me, pouts like me, looks for attention like me...I'm hoping as she gets older that some of Bryan will rub off for sure.

The other day, Mackenzie got a really bad diaper rash. So I decided to try out this new diaper rash cream my mom got that was organic. As soon as I put it on, Mackenzie started wailing. It must've stung her really badly!

Mom: You shouldn't put that cream on her when she has a rash!
Me: But it says diaper rash cream!
Mom: Then don't put it on the rash!
Me: Then where am I supposed to put it?
Mom: Put it around the rash
Me: Then how will the rash go away?
Mom: It just will. If you put around it, it will eventually work.

So needless to say, I'm no longer using the expensive organic stuff my mom bought through the shopping channel. Back to Penaten and it worked like magic.

And this is why I love my mom. She loves Mackenzie so much she's become completely illogical. And that's where I get it from too. Like mother like daughter. And the cycle continues...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!