Week 33 - Who's Counting?

I think I should stop with the counting. I mean, who counts after week like 10 anywaz? So after this post, no more counting weeks! Plus it's getting me all confused - I'm like, what week is it? Am I a week ahead? Or a week behind? So to make life a bit easier for all of us (ok, just me), no more counting from next week forward!

Mackenzie is now fully crawling. She's picking up every lint, dirt, hair off the floor and putting it in her mouth. It's amusing and disgusting all at the same time. But this was the day I've been anticipating. This is why I haven't been washing her soother when it falls on the ground, or rinsing her food if it drops off the table. Because I knew from this point forward, my child will be practically licking the floor.

And I was right.

She almost put her finger in the socket earlier this week.

It's time to child proof the house. But I really don't want to. Do you think it's bad parenting to do experiential learning? (Hold the child protection calls - I'm only kidding. Kinda.)

This is one of my favorite phases so far - seeing how Mack learns. She looks at everything with such curiosity from her eyes and watching her study and experiment and failing - all of it is amazing to me. They always say you can learn a lot from children. I need to stick my finger in the socket and see what happens.

Christmas coming up in a few days! Mackenzie's first Christmas! It's hard to believe a year ago, I was half way through my pregnancy. I am thinking about just getting her an empty box. Isn't that every baby's dream? A box to play with? I'll report back to let you know how much she loves it.

If I don't write before Christmas - Merry Christmas to everyone who reads this (all one of you). Hope Santa is amazing to you and hope you have an amazing time with your family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!