Moments Like These

Moments like these are rare, because I'm so incredibly blessed to have a husband and family who are constantly there for me and Mackenzie. So moments where I feel frustrated are rare. But you know, they still happen to the best of us.

Mackenzie has been sick with the sniffles and cough. It's been a bit worrisome because she hasn't gained any weight in 2 weeks. I've been terrified that my milk is drying up and I can no longer provide for her. It became quite evident just how little she was when we visited a couple friends and their baby was a pound lighter than Mackenzie and she was 3 months younger.

Of course, being worried never helps milk supply. So it's a bit of a cycle. So today, I decided to take Mackenzie for a weigh in. She gained 1 oz. That means 1 oz in 3 weeks. Yeah, I started freaking out.

It's been a long time since I've freaked out about her weight. I mean, she's happy, she's super active, and she's generally a pretty good baby. Not sure what happened, but it was as if I was back to 7 months ago, worrying about her weight constantly. And of all days, Mackenzie decided not to eat today.

No matter what I did, what time it was, she would pull off my breasts. I could tell she'd be hungry because she'd get fussy, but she just wouldn't eat! It was frustrating.

And I think it's moments like these that God gives me reminders of my blessings. I suddenly remembered a blog I was reading a month ago and decided to check it out for updates. No doubt, after reading it, I wasn't frustrated anymore.

I know I write this all the time, about how grateful I am. But there's just something about reading other people's trials that make you feel a little more thankful. Is that bad? I'm always in awe about how strong people can be during the hardest times of their lives. And I imagine myself in their shoes and can never fathom myself being able to stand tall the way they do.

There are some incredible people out there. And I realize just how much more learning and growing I have to do. And it makes me realize that there's just no point in ever being frustrated with Mackenzie (or anything in that matter). It's just not worth it. May as well cherish every moment and go with the flow.

Tonight, I'm extra grateful that I get to hug and kiss Mackenzie whenever I want to. I have to admit that there are times during the day that I'm super selfish and go on the computer and let Mackenzie play on her own a little longer than she should. And I think watching someone lose their child helps put that into perspective. Perhaps a little less screen time and a lot more human contact time.

Sometimes I tell Mackenzie that she's lucky to have all the people who love her in her life. Sometimes I forget to tell everyone how lucky we are to have her. I feel like no words could do this justice. So I'll leave a quote I read from the blog:

How do you spell love? Piglet asked Pooh.
I don't need to spell it. Pooh said. I just feel it.

 And that is exactly how I feel about my life. I can't spell or write it sometimes. I can only feel it. Oh Pooh, you are so wise!

Christmas blog coming next :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!