Week 32 - Our little trooper

One of Bryan's friends called him a few times to ask him to go to Edmonton this past weekend for a special occasion. At first, I said no, because we waited a bit too late to book a ticket. But it was evident how much Bryan wanted to be there for his friend. So on Friday morning, we hopped into our car and drove down to Edmonton.

13.5 hours later with one very cranky and tired baby, we spent 24 hours in Edmonton and drove home on Sunday at 7 am. 16.5 hours later, we were home. Not before Mackenzie wailed for a good part of the drive. But who can blame her? I can't imagine being tied down to a carseat with the same toys and boring scenery for that long! Not to mention the change in air pressure up and down the mountains. Our little trooper made it maybe a little bit scarred.

Having said that, it was well worth the trip. The surprise was great, and Bryan never cease to amaze me with his giving heart. Although I often try my best to give without the expectation of receiving, I know sometimes there's a little part of me that wants a bit of recognition. Not Bryan though - he truly gives to give. And that's what I learned this weekend.

So the moment has come - Mackenzie is completely mobile crawling everywhere. Which means our time of peace is over! Every waking moment will now be spent watching and making sure the munchkin doesn't get into trouble. I think this is where I truly earn my maternity leave money. It's been a pretty easy ride right up until now. I'll get back to you on how it goes from here.

I hope she has mercy on us. But probably not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!