The Truth About Being A Mom

I was sitting around thinking about Mackenzie this week. And this is what I've realized about being a mom.

If you're a mom, then you know that your kids are the best. You look at the other kids you know, and you think, thank goodness I've raised mine this way! Look at my kid(s), they're so much better behaved/sleep better/eat better/play better/more social/quieter/nicer/more laid back/etc. You secretly judge other parents for the way they do things and inside, you feel a sense of pride for how well your kid(s) turned out.

Because of course, breastfed/formula fed babies are the best! How dare that mom do baby-led weaning/purees?! How could they drug their babies/let their baby suffer with no drugs? Why would they leave their baby with a stranger/how could they not ever leave their baby with anyone? What are they thinking with crying it out/What? They're still co-sleeping? Oh my gosh, they're ruining the environment with disposable diapers/Ewwww cloth diapers are so gross! They let their kid watch TV/They don't let them watch anything at all? How disgusting that they are vaccinating their baby/What are they thinking not vaccinating their baby!

So you see, no matter which way you go, YOU ARE BEING JUDGED.

Which way should you go? Who is right?

I'm here to set the record straight.

Since I am a mom, and I have a kid, it's fair to say that I know I have the best kid ever. Which means, my way is the right way.

All joking aside - really, who the heck cares what everyone else thinks?! I belong to this baby forum on What to Expect and a few of them on facebook. It amuses me so much when moms get into huge heated debates on what's right and what's wrong. Ladies, I'm here to tell you - you are right, no matter what. Why bother arguing? You aren't going to change anyone's minds, and you certainly won't win any battles here.

You are doing great moms. Know that. Own it. You deserve it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!