Change Change Change

I wasn't really sure if this was something we would announce or it would just naturally come out, but I figured eventually people would start asking, so I might as well write a post about it now.

After months of contemplating, praying, discussing, and more praying, Bryan and I have left our main business (with Higher Laws). It was a difficult decision to say the least - we brought that company to Canada and it was our identity for the past 3 years. Leaving meant finding us in the business world all over again, it meant figuring out a brand new step.

This is both exciting and nerve-wrecking to say the least.

So far, we have a few ideas on the table, but nothing concrete. Few things are for sure: We love people and we love teaching. Most likely our new business will involve both. So stay tuned :)

A lot of people will ask why. And we can't exactly pin point any reason. It is a decision based solely on faith. One thing I want to make sure is not lost in this surprise though, it's that we still believe in the message. We will be referring and promoting Higher Laws seminars in the future. It is just not the business for us right now.

I've been looking for job the last few weeks. Hoping to work for the next 6-9 months to get some of our finances in order. Then that's it! I'm able to be a stay at home mom forever. That part is exciting. And it's what making going back to work the most bearable.

Last week, one of the yoga studios I used to go to in Edmonton had a contest for Yoga teacher training. The tuition cost over $3,000. I've always wanted to become a yoga teacher, but just never got the nerve to, or timing wasn't right. I entered the contest never expecting to win. But joked with Bryan that should I win, I will be going to Edmonton for a month!

And here we are.

I won.

I was elated and crushed all at the same time.

How the heck will we make this happen?

To go would mean that we would be away in Edmonton for a month. How are we going to figure out a way for the 3 of us to stay somewhere and not affect us too much financially and affect Mackenzie too much in her daily routine?

We couldn't. Not with all three of us going. So the conclusion?

I'm going.

Just me.

It would mean that I would miss a family trip at the end of July that we so looked forward to for the past few weeks. It would mean that I am missing going to Price is Right (tickets that I purchased MONTHS ago!). It would also mean that I would miss Bryan and Mackenzie for a whole month.

It is a HUGE sacrifice.

The reward? A certification that would be recognized worldwide and for a lifetime.

The timing is perfect. I would never again have a whole month off with all the help in my life to look after my kid. I would never have a chance to go to Yoga Teacher Training School for free again.

So, I'm embarking on this completely unknown territory next month to Edmonton on my own. When I get back, I will officially be a yoga instructor.

Although it means a month away from my family, the return is also huge. Because I'll get to do what I love to do. Yoga, teach, and be with people. All the while, I will still get to be a stay at home mom. Yup, I think it's pretty awesome and I'm happy about it.

And so it is, change is upon us! What's next?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!