Greatest Grandma In The World

A couple of weeks ago, Bryan and I were at a wedding. Which meant that my mom had to look after Mackenzie from 2 pm until bed time.

At 6 pm, I had a missed call and a voicemail. The voicemail went like this:

"Carly, it's an emergency! Call me!"

So, I called.

Mom: Oh my God! She fell down the stairs!
Me: (calmly) Ok, breathe, what happened?
Mom: She fell! Oh my God! She fell!
Me: Is she conscious?
Mom: Yes
Me: Did she cry?
Mom: Yes of course!
Me: Is she crying now?
Mom: No.
Me: I think she's fine.
Mom: She fell from the top right to the bottom! (and continues the freak out)

This is from a mom who REFUSES to drive Mackenzie anywhere because she's too afraid she'd crash. So after the stair crashing incident? Probably no driving for a very long time.

The good news was that Mackenzie was totally fine. We came back hours later to check on her and she was sleeping well. She was back to herself the next day babbling and running everywhere.

What melts my heart every time though?

Mack calls my mom "Poh Poh" - which is Chinese for Grandma. Every morning, she sees my mom and she says "Hi Poh Poh!" And in the afternoon, sometimes Mack will see my mom's car pull up, and she'll hyperventilate and go, "Poh Poh! Poh Poh!" and run to the door.

It is the CUTEST thing in the world!

Sure, my child is more attached to my mom than to any of us, but seriously, if you see her run to my mom every time as of she hadn't seen her in forever (just like how my mom reacts when she sees her), I swear you'd melt like a pool of butter too!

I'm going to try to catch it on video next time. I feel like she's doing all these cute things and we won't remember it later on. Heck, I can't even remember what she was like before she started walking. And that was only 3 months ago!

Will it always be like this? Gosh, I hope so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!