I Almost Cried Today

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day in Vancouver. There was blue sky and there was sun. Even though I felt like death, I was determined to take Mackenzie out to the park to enjoy the beautiful weather. (A rarity this month for some reason)

The weather was so gorgeous that during lunch with Mack, I opened the patio door to let some fresh air in. I was looking forward to finally feeling the sun on my face!

Half hour later, we were getting ready. I looked out, and not a patch of blue sky.

It was overcast, it was windy. No matter which way I looked, not even a glimmer of blue anywhere.

I pouted, I whined, and I seriously almost cried. I even made Bryan DRIVE to try to find blue sky for me. I was SO mad that I had missed the one gorgeous day we had this week (and the forecast predicts rain for another 4 days!). I had a tantrum and even got mad at God in my head.

I went through 5 stages of grief.

I tried to negotiate to have at least 5 minutes of blue sky for anything.

Nothing worked.

When I finally came to acceptance, we went to the park. Mack had a good time. I ran into another mommy I knew. And then all was well again.

Aaaaaaaaand, the hormones have kicked in. Get ready for a very preggo hormonal mama. Yes, that's me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!