Cleaning Day

My husband and I are both very people-oriented, so naturally, tasks are not our forte. From the time we've been together, every place we've lived have been a disaster. No matter how much we attempt to clean, well, it's just never worked.

I just always seems like there are more important things to do out there, don't you think? Like hanging out with our friends, meeting new people for business, and spending time with each other. Cleaning just isn't on top of our priority list! I just don't understand how anyone can make it on their priority list!

So when my good friend offered to help us clean, I resisted a lot. Why in the world would anyone want to do something I absolutely hate doing?

Then I realized that she was the 4th person who has offered in the past 2 months. I figured it's the Universe giving me a hint.

When I found out I was pregnant last week, I realized this was why!

I can't have a baby come into a messy/dirty house!

It was an ultimate lesson on receiving. Had I not accepted the gift, I'm not sure if we would be prepared for this baby's arrival in 9 months. Seriously, our house is THAT bad.

So with 8 people in the house in various rooms helping us, by hour 5, we were just over half way. They have now offered to come back and help us some more next week. This should be interesting.

Surprisingly enough, I didn't have much trouble throwing away stuff. I don't have as much attachment to things as I thought I did. It turned out that I just didn't find the time to throw things and organize stuff.

I am so grateful today that my friend suggested picking a date to do it. I'm so glad because I feel so much better about having a clean house to bring the baby home when the baby is ready!

Today was perhaps the first time in a few weeks where I felt energy and in a good mood. It was the first time I didn't really worry about what could go wrong in the next 9 months.

I hope I will have more of these days than the bad ones...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!