Dear Mr. Cabbage

On my prenatal vitamins side effect sheet, it listed: diarrhea, constipation, and a bunch of different things. The only reason I know the first two because I thought it was so contradicting. How can you possibly have diarrhea and constipate at the same time?

I was fortunate enough to have experienced constipation only so far. Let me tell you, Mr. Cabbage, my ass thanks you this morning.

On another note, I wrote on Saturday that it was one of my first good days in a long time. Well, it lasted exactly that long - one day. On Sunday, I was loving my husband, then hating him, then loving him, then hating him, to eventually just breaking down all together. All these emotions come so fast that you literally don't even remember how you got there in the first place.

Thank goodness we had company over last night. It seems that when I'm around others, I'm much more reasonable towards my husband. I'm sure he was relieved last night too.

I am really blessed, I have quite a few people in my life who've had kids. So last night, I was chatting with one of them who recently gave birth about 2.5 months ago. This was how the conversation went:

"Nobody ever thinks about the day after child birth."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they write books and people talk about labor and how it feels and such. But no one told me how much it would hurt the next day. They give you popsicles for...you know...you'll learn to love the popsicles."

(insert my grimacing face)

"But really, it's not that bad."

Yeah, right.

Great, not only do I have to worry about what could go wrong in the next 9 months, now I have to think about child birth, the day after, and then the rest of our baby's life.

Seriously? What did we sign up for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!