Midwife Search

It's Wednesday.

Which means it's only been 5 days since we found out I was pregnant.

Time is going by VERY slowly. I have to wonder, is that normal? I'm counting down the days when I get to tell my family, I'm counting down the days until I can tell everyone! I'm so looking forward to our doctor's appointment tonight. He'll tell us what to do, which is much more comforting than being completely lost right now!

So, I've always wanted to have a home birth with no drugs and with a midwife. Did you know that there are only 10 registered midwives in Edmonton? Did you know that you're supposed to search for one BEFORE you're even pregnant?

I wrote every single one of them. 2 replied. 1 told me that there's a huge waiting list with all of them. 1 replied and said if I hurry, they'll consider my application.

I thought I was supposed to hire them and interview them, not the other way around.

So I'm going to fill out the form tonight, cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Why didn't anyone tell me these things?!?!?!

Will update you tomorrow after our visit with the doctor. I'm telling you, he'll be sorry I'm his patient. I have a ton of questions, concerns, fears, etc. Wish him luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!