How Anti-Climatic

So, we had our first doctor's appointment yesterday.

The office wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. Some pretty cute kids there (they obviously have pediatricians working as well).

The first thing they did when they called my name was weighed me.

I gained 5 lbs between the morning and weigh in time. Could possibly be the clothes, or the 5 lbs of food I didn't consume in the 5 hours in between.

The nurse/aide was so nice. I loved her immediately. I think she loved us too. She told me that I got some test done, but not all of them. She gave me one more requisition - testing for chlamydia or something. Isn't it too late for that?

She gave us a run down of the routine - what to expect for our next appointments (they will only be 5 minutes each! So short!). She also reassured us that our doctor is great. I already knew that though, I read up about him.

I changed so they can do their routine exam. The doctor came in, looked pleasant enough. A little older than I thought he was going to be. Asked me a bunch of questions about family history and Bryan's history. My family's health is pretty perfect (knock on wood), I realized that anything this kid inherit will be from Bryan. Poor Bryan.

After the routine exam, our doctor attempted to get a heart beat with the doppler. He did warn me ahead of time that it's still early to find a heart beat, so don't panick if we don't find one. Yeah well, we didn't find one. Darn it baby! You're supposed to be a super star! No heart beat heard yet :(

Ultrasound has been booked! Not until Nov.30! That's like eons away. If time trickles as slowly as it has been, I feel like the ultrasound will never come.

That was it! So anti climatic! Next appointment in 5 weeks. Hopefully the baby will have grown enough by then for us to hear its heartbeat. No telling if we're having one or two. Although I'm getting the feeling it's only one. No such luck on just getting this over with.

Oh, I did have a list of questions at the end. He diligently answered all of them. Except for the weight gain one. He told me not to worry. I told him I do. He said he's seem women gain anywhere between 5-90 lbs. I almost fell over at the 90 lbs. He put his arm around me, smiled (chuckled actually) and told me that he didn't say that would happen to ME. We can worry about that later.

I cannot gain 90 lbs. Seriously.

Although at this rate, I'm losing faster than gaining. I feel fatter, but I've lost 5 lbs. I'm not eating properly, I'm not sleeping well. (sigh) I know, better get used to it right?

Here's to motherhood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!