Why Do I Do This To Myself?

Ok, so here we are at week 8.

With my husband gone for the weekend, I actually spent the majority of my two days on the couch watching TV. I even popped in the Dawson's Creek series finale and watched and hour and a half filled with drama. Oh yeah, I balled my eyes out. Especially when Jack said to Jen, "You belong to me. Don't you see? You are my soulmate." Or when Gram kissed Jen on the forehead and said, "I will see you soon child, soon."

I'm supposed to stick to comedy for the next 7 months, but screw that! There are times I just love crying! (That's what I say now, just wait another few weeks...)

On Saturday, I went out with my best friend and her sister. I picked them up after dinner and asked them what they'd like to do. They were meh about dessert and coffee. So I suggested drinks and they were all over it. Great, now I have to pretend...again...for 2 weekends in a row!

So we went to Cactus Club, we all ordered our drinks. I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I went up to the waitress and asked her if she could make my drink virgin and she said yes. I asked her if she could please not say virgin when she comes to the table. She winked at me and said, "of course sweetie." And that's how I evaded slipping once again.

Today though, not sure fortunate. I am getting blood tests done after work. I forgot the requisition at home! So I ended up calling the doctor's office and had them send the forms over to my husband's office. Well, the receptionist and another guy found it. So voila, now a total of 6 people know. And we don't even particularly love all those 6 people. (That's not true, maybe half of them)

So anyway, I'm feeling as nauceous as ever. And today it became clear to me that when I eat something, that feeling goes away. So why do I do this to myself? Why do I suffer for hours of wanting to barf when I could just cure it with some food? Which really, is my all time favorite hobby. But no no no, I would rather sit here in front of the computer thinking about how food would make me vomit instead.

(sigh)

Week 8 - 32 more to go.

Getting my blood tests done tonight, and then 2 more weeks until our first appointment with the doctor. I have a list of questions - like just how normal are hemmrhoids? And how do I prevent myself from freaking out every time I see blood because of them? Oh yeah, you can't. You just have to live with them.

Did I mention 32 more weeks to go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!