Week 7

It's only been 3 weeks since we found out I was pregnant. I swear it's been the longest 3 weeks of my life!

Week 7 so far has been mixed with up and downs. There were minutes (literally just minutes) where I would feel terrific. More often than not, I'm just exhausted ready to crawl into bed. My sense of smell has definitely heightened. The other day my husband fried something up with butter, and I told him to take it far far away from me unless he wanted me to vomit on his plate. And I love butter! :( I was so miserable at one point this week I told my husband that I would gladly welcome twins so I could get this over with!



Yesterday I had the most to eat ever in the last 3 weeks. I started off feeling super nauseous, and then I had the following for lunch: corn nuts (YUM!), crunchy coated peanuts, and popcorn. Then for dinner I went out with a friend for Pho. I was so full by the end I couldn't sleep! And I was so dehydrated, but I couldn't take another sip of water because I would explode.

My boobs have definitely went up in cup size. But I don't want to go out and get a new bra in fear that they will continue to grow. What should I do?

So, earlier this week, I read an article of this couple who were expecting. And two weeks before the baby was due, they were in a car accident. The dad decided last minute to swerve the car so that instead of a head on collision, the car would hit him directly instead. Mom suffered super minor head injury and the baby is fine. Essentially he saved both his wife and the baby with his last heroic efforts.

Let me tell you, you should not read stories like that when you're pregnant. I haven't been the same since in the car. I'm freaking out when I drive, and I'm freaking out when my husband drives. Not only am I in fear for our baby, but now I'm in fear for everyone. This is great - hormones are great.

I've decided that I'm going to wait until Thanksgiving to tell my family. That way, I will have had my first doctor's visit and I will know for sure whether we are having one baby or two. (I did have a psychic tell me once that I would have triplets - that would be going a little too far...) So yeah, another 4 weeks - wish us luck. I don't know how we're gonna hold out, but I guess we'll see!

Thanksgiving will make me close to 12 weeks. I can't wait for it. They say 2nd trimester is supposed to be the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!