Week 12 - Blissful Weekend!

We're finally in week 12 - it's probably the first time ever in this pregnancy that I'm really happy about the number. Sure, it's still going super slow, but we're in week 12!

So after we told our family, this was my sister:

"Are you going to tell Allison and Andrea?" (our cousins in Vancouver)

"Yes, I will. I was thinking tomorrow."

"Can you do it right now? I want to update my facebook."

"Ok, I"ll do it in a bit."

(5 minutes later)

"So, when do you think you'll do it?"

"Soon!"

(10 minutes)

"How about right now?"

I had this whole thing planned out that I would tell our close family and friends the day after our Thanksgiving dinner. And then wait one more day to announce it on facebook. But since my sister was even more patient that I have been in the last 2 months, we ended up announcing to the entire world within an hour.

I think everyone else is more excited than we are! People seem to think we're going to be great parents! My mom laughed and said it was because they haven't seen our house yet. For once I actually agree with her.

Meanwhile - I've never been so sick this weekend. I got sick A LOT. And I was extra tired. Probably from all the excitement.

On the other hand - I totally got spoiled. It went from my mom going "Carly, you really need to learn how to clean the house." to "Carly, are you ok to walk? Do you need to sit down? Is there anything I can get for you?" It was beautiful.

I also weasled my way into my mom getting me one makeup foundation, 2 feather pillows, and 2 dinners. I know! I'm a terrible daughter! But this will probably be the last time I get spoiled! Next time it'll be all about the baby!

For an "I" (for those who don't know what that means - go read Positive Personality by Dr. Robert Rohm), these last few days have been glorious - it's been all about me. Apparently, according to my friend Anita, that will not last - so I'm trying to bask in being a little selfish right now as much as I can.

What can I say? I am who I am. Mommy or not - isn't it all about me?

PS - OMG - I'm going to be a mom. Suddenly, this all became very real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humbled by a Contest

And Here He Is...

Week 36 - Almost Cooked!